RX-V1400 Equalizing? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RX-V1400 Equalizing?

Ace H
08-21-2004, 04:30 PM
I have all JBL Speakers....S38 Mains, S-Center, E-10 Surr & Back Surr and N24II Presence speakers.

Running AUTO Setup, when equalizing I've been setting it to FRONT (where, according to the manual, it adjusts the frequency response of each speaker in accordance with the sound of the FRONT speakers...recommended if the FRONT speakers are of much higher quality than the other speakers.)

I've been thinking about equalizing using the FLAT option (averages the frequency response of all speakers....recommended if all of the speakers are of similar quality).

Since they are all JBL speakers, would this be ok?

This Guy
08-21-2004, 05:28 PM
Why don't you try it and see if it is infact okay to you. Yes they are all of similar quality, nothings holding you back.

Ace H
08-22-2004, 06:46 AM
Regarding the RX-V1400 PEQ. After running the Auto Setup equalization using the FRONT option (adjust speakers according to the sound of the front speakers), I decided to re-do the equalization using the FLAT option (average frequency response of ALL speakers), since all my speakers are of similar quality. When I did the FLAT option, I choose to SKIP all the other options. Did it SAVE the previous results that I SKIPPED and only change the Equalizing part? That's what I wanted it to do.

This Guy
08-22-2004, 07:45 AM
Yeah I can't answer that question, I never used that receiver before. Many people on these forums do and will help ya out.