i paired the yamaha rxv2400 with klipsch rb 25s for my HT system! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : i paired the yamaha rxv2400 with klipsch rb 25s for my HT system!

marky
08-20-2004, 09:16 PM
did i just make a hugh mistake? i hear pple saying that they are too bright for each other, is that true? i thought the rxv 2400 was suppose to be the warmer line of yamaha. i think they work great for movies, music is good but not the great. what do u guys think? i know i depends on the listener but i just want ur opinion. what do u think when pairing them? thanks!

marky
08-20-2004, 09:19 PM
anyone have yammiew with klipsch speakers?

kexodusc
08-21-2004, 03:36 AM
I haven't heard any "brightness" in any Yammies that I didn't find in any other receiver. I think they are slightly more "technical" and don't roll off the high ends like some expensive amps do...that might be confused with "brightness".
Chances are your speakers are accounting for 95% of any tonal qualities you hear anyway, not your electronic equipment.

markw
08-21-2004, 04:00 AM
I think you're putting too much emphasis on what others say as opposed to what you hear. That's a dangerous and expensive proposition.

Have you heard the system yet? How does it sound to you?

The possibility does exist that now that you've pretty much convinced yourself that you made a mistake, you will convince yourself that you don't like the sound. The human mind is funny like that. Small seeds of discontent grow rapidly. Kind of a losing proposition.

But look at the bright side. It works the other way too. If enough people tell ya that something sounds good, you'll find yourself adopting that line of thought too. Advertising works on that principle.

Learn to listen for yourself and rely on what sounds good to you. Don't defer so readily to others subjective opinions. You'll be better off.

Also, bear in mind that you simply just aren't madly in love with the speakers. Blaming hte receiver is a copout. Many (speaker) systems sound great on HT but seem to lack somewhat on music. That's what happens when HT is the driving force when considering a system. That, and buying without listening to music on it first.