I'd like to teach the world to... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to teach the world to...

Dusty Chalk
08-20-2004, 06:41 PM
SHUT UP ALREADY!!!

I'm going to open a restaurant. No kitchen. The menu is just going to be a conglomerate of the menus of all the restaurants in the local area with which I can strike a deal.

Here's the catch: it's going to be electromagnetically shielded so people's cell phones don't work in there. It's also going to be acoustically treated so that you can not hear everyone's freagin' lame-ass conversations.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for music, suggestions? I'm thinking, smooth jazz. (No, not classic jazz -- that's actually good.) The reason: I believe there's an inverse relationship between the music in a restaurant, and the quality of its food. So the lamer the music, the better the entrées. (Or perhaps that's just the enjoyment of the food.)

Name of the restaurant is either going to be The Faraday Cage or It's (don't know if the latter is too obscure a MPFC reference).

Who is with me?

Can you tell I just got back from eating out? I really need to decaf...

Finch Platte
08-20-2004, 07:49 PM
...I'm gonna shield the trails on which I ride so people can't use their cell phones while riding a mountain bike. Like you, I am royally p!ssed at idjits who have to be talking to someone, no matter where they are.

fp <---- no cell phone, and hopefully will never have one.

DarrenH
08-20-2004, 08:19 PM
This whole cell phone craze is outta hand. Technology run amok.

Games? Pictures? Cutesy ring tones? Bah! It's just a phone people. They even offer text messaging. Who's got time to type in all those words using that tiny arse keyboard anyway lol. It's a hundred times faster just to call them. I can't understand it.

My wife keeps one in her car for emergency use. Just a simple bag phone. She broke down once nearly 6 years ago and had to walk several miles to get to a phone (along the interstate mind you) and that ended that. We got a cell phone. They do have their uses but it's wayyy outta hand now.

Darren