What about Kenwood? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What about Kenwood?

dtgaut
08-20-2004, 10:28 AM
I am just beginnig to look for a good home theater system. Growing up my family had Kenwood products, and they gave great service and sound. Looking around these forums, I don't see them mentioned much. I would like to stay with what I know. Any suggestions?

poneal
08-20-2004, 10:34 AM
There's nothing wrong with a Kenwood AVR. I have an old kenwood integrated amp that is 22 years old and is still working. As a matter of fact it is powering my DIY subwoofer with no problems. Not sure if the same quality workmanship goes into their amps now as they did before so you may want to search the web about Kenwood AVR's.

ericl
08-20-2004, 10:53 AM
New Kenwood digital receiver - can integrate with your home computer network, and its got a memory card slots for digital cameras, so you can view photos on your tv - awesome!

http://www.audioholics.com/news/pressreleases/KenwoodVRS-N8100receiver.php

-Eric

Bryan
08-23-2004, 04:55 AM
For several years now Kenwood has fallen out of favor. In short, companies such as Yamaha, Denon, Marantz, Harmon Kardon, Onkyo, and Outlaw produced better receivers and had better sound than Kenwood. Their entry level receivers sounded better than the better receivers put out by Kenwood for the same amount of money. With the advent of the digital amplifier Kenwood is beginning to make a name for themselves once more. Time will tell if this will remain true. The $64,000 question is: what is your budget for a new receiver?

Garrardman
08-25-2004, 05:36 AM
Kenwood? They make great food mixers. :)

JamezHill
08-30-2004, 01:29 AM
Their Sovereign Line is pretty impressive.