Samsung 62 projection HD Televsion in trouble [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Samsung 62 projection HD Televsion in trouble

sharercs
08-20-2004, 10:00 AM
We bought this at Sears. It worked for about 2-1/2 years. And suddenly the picture when into a three color u shape. We called out a tech who told us we needed a Samsung tech or he needed a service manual. He pre-warned us that Samsung has poor customer service. He ordered the manual and it did not come. In about 3 weeks I called them. I spoke with three different people wrinting down each name. Finally the "manager" called my voice mail and told me she was sending a manual to the service tech. We were using him from a referral. 3 more weeks and no manual. I called them again and they promised teh manual. It finally arrived! The tv guy came out, he mumbled the whole time about how the set was not "service friendly" at all. He said they are great unless they breakdown. This one is "hosed". It will cost between 700-1000.00 at least to fix it. Mostly because they are harder to work on than other brands. So I guess my "Samsung watching" experience cost me about 1,000 per year. Wow, am I excited that and I got to pay the tech for his visti too. With the lack of concern or service from Samsung, it is a safe bet that our household will never own another Samsung product. I don't think this is fair to the consumer. Bring back the tubes, they last forever, or at least fix the product when it fails so early in usage life. We are dumping it, and buying another brand. But we have to save up the money again for one now. :mad: