I am looking for Porky Tree; can you help? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for Porky Tree; can you help?

3-LockBox
08-20-2004, 07:06 AM
I got the CD <i>Signify</i> from amazon.com last week and I think its great, but when I went back seek other titles, they're all out of stock. Are there any other sources for the earlier titles or am I s-o-l? I'd really like to get <i>Stupid Dream</i> if I could.

Dave_G
08-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Have you tried amazondotcom or ebay?

Dave

DarrenH
08-20-2004, 09:41 AM
Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun are out of print.

I do believe Snapper Music is planning on reissuing those titles some time next year.

The remaster/reissues of On The Sunday Of Life and Voyage 34 are scheduled for September and October respectively.

And, the remaster of The Sky Moves Sideways has been available for a few months now.

You can find that at http://www.lasercd.com/default.asp

Darren

N. Abstentia
08-20-2004, 10:45 AM
Might want to try tower.com also

Dave_G
08-20-2004, 11:06 AM
Dang, Darren!

You go boy, Mr. PT man!

Dave

3-LockBox
08-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Yes I looked there, since that's where I got Signify; but I don't want to spend $50 on a used copy.

Two weeks ago there was a used copy for $19.99, but it was gone just a few hours later.

They have a copy of <i>Sunday Of Life</i> for relatively cheap, but I'm not familiar with it; is it there debut?

3-LockBox
08-20-2004, 01:18 PM
I have <i>The Sky Moves Sideways</i>, <i>Signify</i>, <i>Coma Divine</i>, and <i>In Absentia</i>.

I also have (on *CD-R) <i>Lightbulb Sun</i>. I wasn't so much interested in 'Sunday' since it seems to get mixed reviews. But I'd love to get <i>Up The Downstairs</i> and <i>Stupid Dream</i>, but I don't even see where they're slated for re-issue. I've been to their website and they mention <i>Voyage 34</i> and <i>On The Sunday Of Life</i> as far as the re-issues go; but no mention of the others---I hate to think I have to wait any longer---I've been waiting for two or three years to get <i>Stupid Dream</i> and <i>Up The Downstairs</i>, but every time I go to look, they're still OOP, or someone wants some outrageous price for them. Ah well.....

*geez, can any of you take a hint?;-)

threelockboxtodd@yahoo.com

richmon
08-20-2004, 03:00 PM
I have both Stupid Dream and Up the Downstair and will toast ya a copy if you promise to buy them eventually. Only have access to a Xerox machine for the inserts tho, so you'd have to settle for B + W covers.
No problems mate, drop me a PM.
BTW - Stupid Dream is possibly the most consistant and enjoyable album they've done, IMHO. Up has some great moments but is a bit inconsistant.

kexodusc
08-21-2004, 05:54 AM
It seems I'm not the only one with trouble finding Porky Tree titles...I thought I was going to have to wait until I went to Europe this fall.
Anyone have the DVD-A of In Absentia? How is it?

N. Abstentia
08-21-2004, 07:25 AM
I have it (DVD-A Absentia). Don't like it. I seem to be in the minority here, but I find it hard to listen too. The mix is very un-natural with lots of echo. It loses the punch and airiness of the regular CD release. To be honest, if I play the regular CD and put my reciever in some fake DSP mode (like all channel stereo or Orchestra Hall) it sounds better than the DVD-A to me. You might find it different, but for me I don't like it and I was expecting great things.

Fragile by Yes. Now THAT'S how a DVD-A should sound.

kexodusc
08-21-2004, 08:54 AM
Well, I'd like to grab more of their back catalog than buy an album I already have again, but other than In Absentia and Stupid Dream, most places I find don't have anything at all.
I'm moving to a small city in Canada soon to start a new job, might be even harder to find their stuff cheap.
Guess I'll have to look at some of the (expensive) re-releases. Are these remasters or just re-releases with some bonus tracks and different cases? And if they are remasters, is the quality significantly improved or should I keep browsing ebay?

Yeah, Fragile was excellent...Worst DVD-A I've heard was Metallica (Black Album).

DPM
08-23-2004, 08:45 PM
You may want to check out synphonic.8m.com or lasercd.com. They probably don't have copies either, but it wouldn't hurt to check. I have ordered from both sites before and have never experienced any problems.

Dave M