My last charged post.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My last charged post....

piece-it pete
08-19-2004, 12:25 PM
So much for the quotes, I was really enjoying that.

I am voluntarily stopping the political posts, and will not respond to them anymore, no matter how much I want to choke the living - poop - (is that OK Eric?? :) ) out of them :D .

I haven't been asked, let alone browbeaten. I have felt increasingly uncomfortable with posting this stuff here, so if you like this stuff (by golly I do!) folks from across the spectrum meet and argue at conservativeunderground.com .

If you feel the need for approval and validation, democraticunderground is HEAVILY censored, and will give you satisfaction.

So to my audiophile wanker :D Dems, a tip o' the hat to the other (wrong!) side of the aisle, to my like minded evil GOP'ers, if Bush wins we'll rule the world bwhahaahaahaaaaaaaa!

My last plea: perform your first duty as an American Citizen and VOTE!!

Unless you are a Democrat lol.

Pete

gonefishin
08-19-2004, 07:55 PM
I'll throw one more plug in for my favorite check'em website (http://www.factcheck.org/).

Justlisten2
08-20-2004, 03:44 AM
So much for the quotes, I was really enjoying that.

I am voluntarily stopping the political posts, and will not respond to them anymore.

There is a God! I was starting to wonder if you had any life and/or job. All that posting requires a hell of a lot more free time than I have. If I had that amount of free time, I don't see me wasting it here. I want a real life, not a cyber-life. ;)

Swerd
08-20-2004, 09:09 AM
Your politics aside, I enjoyed reading your quotes posts. I was hoping you'd do John Adams next.

piece-it pete
08-23-2004, 08:46 AM
JL, it is VERY simple and not very time consuming, as I read that stuff anyway!!

As usual GF has good suggestions, I put that in my favorites.

Swerd, thanks. I was wondering if anyone actually read them! I've decided to continue, without any sort of partisan commentary. John Adams it is.

It is history, so I'm thinking it should be OK. If anyone disagrees, please say so.

Regardless, no more sniping from me!!

Pete

ToddB
08-25-2004, 01:10 AM
My last plea: perform your first duty as an American Citizen and VOTE!!
I remember reading a quote which said something to the effect that an uninformed voter is worse than a nonvoter. I thought that was a good point.

piece-it pete
08-25-2004, 05:30 AM
Todd,

I used to agree but have become convinced that anything that reduces total voter turnout is bad 'cause it's easier to market (manipulate) smaller groups.

Pete

ToddB
08-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Yeah, you might be right. Still, I think Congressional term limits and some legitimate campaign finance/election law reform are higher on my list of issues than voter turnout is.