2 amps 10.2 system [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 2 amps 10.2 system

uncooked
12-06-2003, 10:37 PM
ok i was just thinking of doing something and i wanted to see if any of you have any opinions on it?

take 1 dvd player fibre optic output and run that into a fibre optic splitter. take the 2 fibre optics that come out of the splitter and run 1 to each seperate 5.1 amp. so basically using 2 amps for a 10.2 set up. and just spread the speakers out all over the place.

agtpunx40
12-07-2003, 11:24 AM
I don't see what you're going for. Also, I can't think of any real advantage to having more than three speakers in the front unless your room is HUGE. Adding more surrrounds, like they have in theaters might be benificial in a larger room if done properly, but that would just require splitters off the preamp to an amplifier which would be powering the extra surrounds.

mtrycraft
12-07-2003, 10:22 PM
ok i was just thinking of doing something and i wanted to see if any of you have any opinions on it?

take 1 dvd player fibre optic output and run that into a fibre optic splitter. take the 2 fibre optics that come out of the splitter and run 1 to each seperate 5.1 amp. so basically using 2 amps for a 10.2 set up. and just spread the speakers out all over the place.

Why would you want to do this mess? You cannot do it with 5.1.

Are you after the Tomlinson Holman experiments to do 10.2? If so, you are way off base. You need 10.2 channels of discrete sound.