Screen Cleaner? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Screen Cleaner?

Dale M
08-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Hi
Was wondering what you people use to clean your tv screens? I have a 53" Panasonic tau
RPTV and it has a plastic screen protector and Im wondering whats Safe to clean it with.
The salesman at future shop was trying to sell me a little $20 spray bottle of cleaner that he says ya gotta use hmmm I dont so. I have heard not to spray whatever type of cleaner it is directly on the screen but to spray it on a cloth first.. Sooo what are you people using?
Windex? Normal glass cleaner? How about Alcohol free, safety glasses cleaner?
Thanks
Dale M

sy_lu
08-16-2004, 03:22 PM
The owner manual should tell you what kind of clearners are safe. Not all these plastic are made of same material. In general, I think clean water with soft cloth is the safest. I would not use Widex or glass cleaners.

Hairsonfire
08-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Hey Dale M, the best way is to use an old (but clean) 100 percent cotton t-shirt and a bowl of water with just a very little bit of dish soap. Don't soak the t-shirt, just get it a little damp. Do one quarter of the screen at a time. I thought I had a permanent dark spot in the middle of my screen (57 inch HD RPTV) that turned out to be just dust.

hershon
08-18-2004, 10:26 AM
I'm in the same boat you are and unfortunately my screen has some scratches on it, which plastic screens are prone to get and no cleaning in the world will get scratches out. If you don't have scratches good for you. Best Buy sells a screen cleaner.
Hi
Was wondering what you people use to clean your tv screens? I have a 53" Panasonic tau
RPTV and it has a plastic screen protector and Im wondering whats Safe to clean it with.
The salesman at future shop was trying to sell me a little $20 spray bottle of cleaner that he says ya gotta use hmmm I dont so. I have heard not to spray whatever type of cleaner it is directly on the screen but to spray it on a cloth first.. Sooo what are you people using?
Windex? Normal glass cleaner? How about Alcohol free, safety glasses cleaner?
Thanks
Dale M

uncooked
08-18-2004, 12:24 PM
the monster stuff works great, blue bottle, blue rag. and it kinda like a gel but when you spray it its a mist. drys with no streaks at all.