Ever have a "Crush"???? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ever have a "Crush"????

Worf101
08-16-2004, 08:20 AM
I'm a musician, an ex-Sergeant and an all around pretty crusty individual... but I must admit I've had a couple or three crushes on other musicians in my life. I was wondering if any of you folks ever had crushes. I'm not talking "tiger beat" chite but close....

1. Tina Turner - Unhhhh this one's kinda obvious. Ever wonder what them legs would feel like.... you know the rest....

2. Laura Nyro - Her voice just speaks to me. Her words rung like truth. New York bohemian soul BEFORE it became something for sale at the Gap. God rest her soul....

3. Sade - I'm still in love with her. Doesn't she know how much I love her? Doesn't she know I'm the ONLY man for her?

Later fellahs...

:cool:

Dave_G
08-16-2004, 08:32 AM
Not really, as most female musicians don't appeal to me.

Dave

MasterCylinder
08-16-2004, 09:04 AM
DEFINITELY YES:
Tina Arena
Stevie Nicks
Susanna Hoffs
Shania Twain
Toni Braxton
Olivia Newton-John
Natalie Imbruglia
Kylie Minoque
Nancy Wilson

DEFINITELY NO:
Rick James

Worf101
08-16-2004, 09:17 AM
Not really, as most female musicians don't appeal to me.

Dave

There's a lot of pretty and talented women's that have played and still play over the years. Hmmn... well to each his own.

Later...

Da Worfster

Worf101
08-16-2004, 09:18 AM
DEFINITELY YES:
Tina Arena
Stevie Nicks
Susanna Hoffs
Shania Twain
Toni Braxton
Olivia Newton-John
Natalie Imbruglia
Kylie Minoque
Nancy Wilson

DEFINITELY NO:
Rick James

I've no idea who Natalie Imbruglia is or Kylie Minoque (interesting names though).

Da Worfster :confused:

kexodusc
08-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Natalie Imbruglia is a rocket...nuff said...Kylie is a 48 year old MILF.

kexodusc
08-16-2004, 09:41 AM
How 'bout all of the Spice Girls at once??? Does that count?

Finch Platte
08-16-2004, 10:46 AM
I've no idea who Natalie Imbruglia is or Kylie Minoque (interesting names though).

Da Worfster :confused:

Here's Natalie.

Would someone else please post 12,243 pics of Kylie?

Thanks,

fp

Mr MidFi
08-16-2004, 10:53 AM
When I was 13, I was desperately, head-over-heels in lust with Stevie Nicks. There's just something about a cute girl in a black top hat.

Tori Amos has her moments, too. And Nancy Wilson's, er, hindquarters.

MasterCylinder
08-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Nancy turns 50 this year and still looks good.

Married Cameron Crowe...............nice pension.

skewiff
08-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Debbie Harry

Tony

Dusty Chalk
08-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Well, there's a difference between crush:

Kate Bush
Shirley Manson
Toni Halliday
Tori Amos
Milla Jovovich

...and someone I just want to "do":

Britney Spears
et al.

I've had dreams about Celine Dion -- does that make me weird?

Oh, and for FP:

there's some nice shots of Kylie if you look around hard enough. (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmcollection/0/1830)

But she's a dwarf. Kind of turns me on, though. Does that make me a freak?

Worf101
08-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Well, there's a difference between crush:

Kate Bush
Shirley Manson
Toni Halliday
Tori Amos
Milla Jovovich

...and someone I just want to "do":

Britney Spears
et al.

I've had dreams about Celine Dion -- does that make me weird?

Oh, and for FP:

there's some nice shots of Kylie if you look around hard enough. (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmcollection/0/1830)

But she's a dwarf. Kind of turns me on, though. Does that make me a freak?

Celine Dion???!!!!! Tittany Spears!!!???!!! How could you voluntarily follow Justin Timberlake into any place on god's green earth???

Hey someone wanna make that call to Bellvue we were talkin' about earlier????!!!!!

LOL, well, least you didn't say Babs Streisand....

Da Worfster :eek:

kexodusc
08-17-2004, 03:12 AM
Celine Dion???!!!!! Tittany Spears!!!???!!! How could you voluntarily follow Justin Timberlake into any place on god's green earth???

Hey someone wanna make that call to Bellvue we were talkin' about earlier????!!!!!

LOL, well, least you didn't say Babs Streisand....

Da Worfster :eek:

Streisand? Pfff...no thanks....Now, Audrey Hepburn....in a heartbeat!!!

skewiff
08-17-2004, 04:21 AM
you do realize that Audrey Hepburn is dead don't you?
Still she wouldn't be able to say no. Mmmmm.

Tony

kexodusc
08-17-2004, 04:32 AM
Oh, I didn't realize our picks were confined to the live ones...a man dream, can't he??? :)
Just referring to past "crushes".

I've dated a few that you could consider corpses anyway, don't want to go down that road again!!! :mad:

nobody
08-17-2004, 09:48 AM
I'll concur on the Debbie Harry. Likewise the Shirley Manson and Milla.

Annie Lennox was always one I liked.

I like crazy chicks, so Courtney Love has always appealed to me. Toss in Lydia Lunch too, althouigh she ain't lookin' all that good these days. Then again, Debbie Harry's seen better days too. Then again, so have I.

Oh...and I'm in love with Beth Gibbons's voice.

The newer chicks all look too young. I feel like a perv checking them out.

Oh...and from the movie thread in another forum...more admiration for Selma Heyak. She's amazing.

And Worf, I'm with ya on the Angela Bassett love.

dmb_fan
08-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Will no one rise to the defense of Barbara Streisand? This is an outrage! That woman was H-H-HOT!

To see what I mean, add Peter Bogdonavich's "What's Up Doc" from 1972 to your netflix queue (a worthwhile rental in any case). Babs gives one of the most alluring female performances I've ever seen. Yowza, she was a dish!

Then again, I think Britney Spears and the rest of the sexy singer crew are perfectly ordinary.

It's a good thing there are plenty of good looking women out there for every taste!

:)

-Adam

Troy
08-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Morticia Adams. Sexiest sitcom mom ever . . . and she played a mean harpsichord.

"Whats Up Doc" is hilarious. Streisand was sexy when she was young. See "The Owl and the Pussycat" too.

And I much prefer the young and athletic Kate Hepburn to that scrawny, whiney brat Audrey.

tentoze
08-17-2004, 02:15 PM
I'll wade in on the side of Barbra being waaaay sexy in her prime. Kate Hepburn too, but Audrey just had "it", whatever "it" is. Topper of all time for me is still Julie Christie, though.

As for pop/rock wimmen, did anybody mention Carly Simon yet? Lordy, lordy, she had "it" as well, for my money.

dean_martin
08-19-2004, 11:51 AM
In the early to mid-nineties I had a crush on Kat Bjelland of Babes in Toyland. She could scream, sing softly and make cute little noises with her voice. She also packs a lot in a small frame. The band could rock. So, I went to see her...errr...Babes in Toyland in B'ham along with White Zombie and the Reverend Horton Heat. When I got there, I found out that BIT weren't playing because the drummer severely sprained her ankle. BUT, I was given this info by Kat personally after I followed her up the aisle to the sound booth. None of the other hicks or metal heads in the area even recognized her! I had bought a BIT t-shirt so I got her to sign it "Tim's my thang!" The conversation was pleasant and she was sweet. We're...errrr...I'm planning a reunion sometime in...nevermind.

Peter_Klim
08-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Janis Jopllin - aye Carumba!!

Dusty Chalk
08-19-2004, 06:36 PM
In the early to mid-nineties I had a crush on Kat Bjelland of Babes in Toyland. She could scream, sing softly and make cute little noises with her voice. She also packs a lot in a small frame. The band could rock. So, I went to see her...errr...Babes in Toyland in B'ham along with White Zombie and the Reverend Horton Heat. When I got there, I found out that BIT weren't playing because the drummer severely sprained her ankle. BUT, I was given this info by Kat personally after I followed her up the aisle to the sound booth. None of the other hicks or metal heads in the area even recognized her! I had bought a BIT t-shirt so I got her to sign it "Tim's my thang!" The conversation was pleasant and she was sweet. We're...errrr...I'm planning a reunion sometime in...nevermind.Did you ever pick up her Songs from the Witchblade album she did (mostly) with Dave "Rave" Ogilvie? It was awesome! One of my favourite albums from that year. Impossible to find, though, some stores put it in soundtracks, others just don't know what to do with it (It's really a various artists release, but it was her baby).

kexodusc
08-20-2004, 03:35 AM
I don't know guys....maybe it's just me, but now that she's a bad-girl in prison and all, there's something really hot about Martha Stewart.

And I bet she cooks a mean turkey dinner!!!

dean_martin
08-20-2004, 01:32 PM
Did you ever pick up her Songs from the Witchblade album she did (mostly) with Dave "Rave" Ogilvie? It was awesome! One of my favourite albums from that year. Impossible to find, though, some stores put it in soundtracks, others just don't know what to do with it (It's really a various artists release, but it was her baby).

No, I had heard that she was associated with something that had "witchblade" in the title. Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can find it. Probably the most unusual thing I have is a copy of BIT's John Peel Sessions EP on 10in. purple vinyl - pretty cool. Plus, the old video "1991: The Year Punk Broke" w/Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr., Nirvana and of course BIT. Haven't seen this one on dvd yet.

Tim