Follow up question on new Sony TV... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Follow up question on new Sony TV...

IRG
08-16-2004, 05:35 AM
From my earlier post on selecting a 27" tv, I ended with the Sony KV27FS120 purchased at Sears. A great TV except for one problem that might make me return it. In the upper right corner (maybe a 2" triangle) the color is wrong. Whites look light green, orange looks pink. Dark colors are fine, you can't notice it. But lighter colors I do notice and it is distracting for me. I do have a pair of speakers on both sides of it, Energy C-3 which are video shielded, and they are position about 6" away from it. I don't think they are causing it. If so, the left side should be affected too I would think. I have tried the different modes, but it is still there. I do have a calibration dvd that I will try tonite, but I don't think that will change anything - but I've been wrong before. Any thoughts on this? And would you take it back? It is a pain to do so, but I would rather have perfection than live with this small but nagging problem. Othe info - I have the cable hooked up using the s video inout, and the dvd player using the component. The color problem exists on dvd too.

markw
08-16-2004, 05:53 AM
First, video shielded or not, see if moving the speakers cures it. If that cures it, fine.

If not, well, can you live with this imprefection? I've read posts from others who were less than pleased with Sony lately.

IRG
08-16-2004, 06:24 AM
First, video shielded or not, see if moving the speakers cures it. If that cures it, fine.

If not, well, can you live with this imprefection? I've read posts from others who were less than pleased with Sony lately.

I have moved the speaker away before, maybe 12" away, and nothing. Do I need to move it away for a certain period of time? Like 24 hours or should it be a more immediate cure?

I've had a shielding problem once before with an older tv and different speakers, but it affected the whole side of the TV, not a corner.

Could I live with this? No. I find myself looking at this stupid corner too often. Sometimes it isn't too noticeable, but other times it is.

I've always had great luck with Sony, which is why I went with it. My folks still have their Sony, which was the first color TV! Must be 20 years old by now.

If I return it, I will get another one, but if that also has the same issue, then I will go with the Toshiba. If the TV was any bigger, I don't know if lugging it back and forth would be worth it. But since I can do it alone, I'll make the effort.