Yamaha HTR-5790 with Pioneer DV-563A [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha HTR-5790 with Pioneer DV-563A

Clavette
08-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Hi there! First post for this newbee of me on this very informative site.

My HT uses a Yamaha HTR-5790 receiver to drive Athena Micra 6 speakers in a 7.1 configuration (I bought 2 additional MS sats).

I have just replaced my DVD player with a Pioneer DV-563A that can play SACD and DVD-A.I see that the DV-563A has bass management along with settings for speaker distance and levels.

My question is: Does the HTR-5790 apply the speaker settings (ie: bass management) and ajustments from the YPAO when the multi-input source is used?

If so I plan on setting the DV-563A levels to FIX, leave speaker distances as defaults at 10ft and set speakers to LARGE and subwoofer to ON and let the HTR-5790 handle the corrections and bass management. I have heard that the bass management on the DV-563A is it's weak link.

Regards,

Mike

Clavette
08-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Not much replies until now!

I believe Woochifer, Kexodusc and or JSE should be able to help.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

N. Abstentia
08-20-2004, 09:18 PM
The Yamaha should not apply any settings to the multi channel analog inputs, it should all be done with the source.

kexodusc
08-21-2004, 03:51 AM
Hmm, good question, I had the 563a on loan for a few weeks way back...nice little unit, but it was before I got my RX-V1400.
I believe the speaker delays and level settings would no longer be in effect. The DSP processor is bypassed too.
One easy way to verify would be to set the left channel level rediculously high, and the right rediculously low.
Bass management on the receiver would be handled the same way as the "Direct Stereo" feature, I would think, but I don't know for sure. So basically no bass management by the receiver.
Play with it and report back...I'd like to know for sure as I'll be in the market for a new universal DVD player soon, this might influence my decision.