tv audio-denon dra-685 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : tv audio-denon dra-685

besta69
08-15-2004, 09:02 AM
I have a problem w/ audio from tv not working on my denon dra-685,can anyone Help!I have the audio out from tv going into v-aux(audio),press v-aux source,no audio,cd and tuner work fine.Any help would be appreciated.------Thanks,BEE

ToddB
08-17-2004, 10:27 PM
You posted this in the forum for feedback about the site. I'm moving it to the Home Theater forum, where you'll be much more likely to receive an answer.

IRG
08-18-2004, 12:20 PM
I have a problem w/ audio from tv not working on my denon dra-685,can anyone Help!I have the audio out from tv going into v-aux(audio),press v-aux source,no audio,cd and tuner work fine.Any help would be appreciated.------Thanks,BEE

Since the cd inputs work, unplug your player, and put in the cables from your TV to the cd inout, and see if you get any sound. If so, the problem is in your aux input.

Do you have a cable box? If so, use those outputs, and plug them into your V-aux input. I'm wondering if you can even use cables from your tv to your receiver at all. Some tvs you can, others you can't I believe. Are they dedicated outputs? They might be only inputs (for a vcr, game system etc. and what you are trying to do just won't work.

I know Ijust hooked up another digital cable box, and used the outputs to go into my integrated amp, and it works fine that way. I have not tried going form my tv directly to my amp.

Try and experiment, and see what happens. GOod luck.

woodman
08-18-2004, 03:28 PM

First off, are you certain that you're connected to an audio output on the back of the TV set and not an audio input? Check to make sure. If you are indeed connected to an audio "out", then there are only two possible answers to your problem:

1. there is something wrong with the input circuit (v-aux) that you're using on your receiver (this is the least likely possibility) or,

2. you have a "variable level (volume) output" on the TV and the volume is turned all the way down (on the TV set). This is the most likely answer.

If you're getting your TV signals from a cable or a satellite company, you have the option of getting the TV audio from the cable "box" or the satellite receiver as IRG suggested.

This should help you get squared away -