Yamaha Receiver Help! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Receiver Help!

tzanoudakis
08-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Wondering if anyone can help. I have a Yamaha RX-V2300 Receiver that is now about a year or so old. Recently I had a 5 channel surround sound system that required a slight upgrade when one of my front speakers broke. I replaced my two front speakers and my center channel. Problem has arisen for the first time since I have had this receiver that the receiver will automatically shut down while listening to movies at a higher volumne. Have checked the impedance. It is set correctly. Wires are all secure and correct with no cross wires. Have tried every suggestion in the troubleshooting guide and nothing seems to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TinHere
08-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Wondering if anyone can help. I have a Yamaha RX-V2300 Receiver that is now about a year or so old. Recently I had a 5 channel surround sound system that required a slight upgrade when one of my front speakers broke. I replaced my two front speakers and my center channel. Problem has arisen for the first time since I have had this receiver that the receiver will automatically shut down while listening to movies at a higher volumne. Have checked the impedance. It is set correctly. Wires are all secure and correct with no cross wires. Have tried every suggestion in the troubleshooting guide and nothing seems to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What is the impedence/efficiency of the new speakers? What setting are you using on the 2300? I have a 2400 with a 4ohm/91@1meter center and 6ohm/88 mains and have no problems using the 8ohm setting on the Yammie FWIW.

Wireworm5
08-14-2004, 09:29 PM

I had a similar problem awhile back which was caused by a wire inside one of the speakers touching and shorting when the volume got up. Hook up one speaker at a time so you can isolate which speaker is the problem if indeed it is one of your speakers.

detoe
08-15-2004, 12:59 AM
I am pushing some Martin Logan's (4 ohm speaker) and when things get too loud my receiver (Yamaha RXV-995) just quits or overheats and shuts down. I just need to get myself a big old Bryston to power everything. You might just be pushing them too hard.

tzanoudakis
08-15-2004, 07:34 AM
We have the impedance right now at 8 ohm. All of our speakers are 8 ohm. Have only had the speakers for two days and do not have them any louder than our previous speakers. Will try isolating the speakers one by one and see if that solves the problem. Thanks for the suggestions.