Proggers, you MUST see this DVD... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Proggers, you MUST see this DVD...

Demetrio
08-14-2004, 05:03 PM
KAYAK In Concert

BRILLIANT,
UNIQUE,
PHENOMENAL...

What a show...

Bravo, KAYAK!!!!!!!!

Guys, get this DVD now!!

DaveG., I know how much you like that Pallas dvd (me too), but I suspect you'll love this one even more.

I have no enough words to describe how great it is...

Demetrio.

P.S. - Almost forgot to mention: it's DTS encoded!!

BarryL
08-14-2004, 07:13 PM
KAYAK In Concert

BRILLIANT,
UNIQUE,
PHENOMENAL...

What a show...

Bravo, KAYAK!!!!!!!!

I have a few albums by Kayak on LP. I always thought they were excellent at composing with strong melodies. I'll have to keep my eye out for this one. Is it a recent concert?

Nice to see you back. Where are you posting? I'm listening to Nice Beaver this minute from your MP3 Prog Sampler Vol. 1. I like their sound. Vocalist reminds me of Roland Orzabel from Tears for Fears.

I'm just loading some tunes onto my iPod for a week's vacation. Up next is the latest by Tempano, The Agony and the Ecstasy. Great band. But I love their previous work, Childhood's End even more.

Be well.

Demetrio
08-15-2004, 04:42 AM
Hey, Barry, always glad to hear from you too.

This was a very recent show from Kayak indeed, a concert released in 2003. The first part of the show (this is a 2-DVD set) is dedicated to the integral performance of their great album "Merlin". The live performance of this album is very in the Ayreon fashion, with a very well made teatrical approach on stage, featuring a male and female vocalists (Cindy Oudshoorn is not only a great singer, she's so beautiful looking too... wowwww!!!).

I was really amazed with this show. Ton Scherpenzeel has to be one of the greatest keyboardists ever, the guy is a show himself. The two guitar players are just brilliant. Fact is, the whole band performs superb here:

Ton Scherpenzeel : keyboards, backing vocals
Pim Koopman : drums, backing vocals
Bert Heerink : lead & backing vocals
Rob Vunderink : guitars, lead & backing vocals
Bert Veldkamp : bass guitar
Joost Vergoossen : electric & acoustic guitars
Cindy Oudshoorn : lead & backing vocals

I will repeat what I said before, buy this dvd in the dark, nobody can regret getting a wonderful piece of music like this. It's very well-made in every respect. The performance itself is perfect. The audio quality is perfect (it's even DTS-encoded, like I also mentioned before). And the video quality is brilliant too.

Best prog wishes,
Demetrio.

progfan
08-15-2004, 05:24 AM
I only have one Kayak CD (Royal Bed Bouncer) and I really like it. What should I get next?

richmon
08-15-2004, 07:54 AM
I I'm listening to Nice Beaver this minute from your MP3 Prog Sampler Vol. 1. I like their sound. Vocalist reminds me of Roland Orzabel from Tears for Fears.
Be well.

I also liked the beav cuts from D's sampler, so I picked up the CD 'on dry land'. Both opposed thumbs up, it's a strong effort throughout, in that melodic guitary style.

Demetrio
08-15-2004, 04:34 PM
I only have one Kayak CD (Royal Bed Bouncer) and I really like it. What should I get next?

Hey, progfan, I really like your nick!!

Royal Bed Bouncer is great indeed, and I think you might enjoy "Merlin" and "See See the Sun" too.

Best prog wishes,
Demetrio.

Dave_G
08-15-2004, 05:25 PM
I've never heard any Kayak fellas, I'll be on the lookout, plus that DVD too, maybe I can turn this stuff up.

Regards,

Dave