Alan Parsons new album? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Alan Parsons new album?

3-LockBox
08-13-2004, 11:54 AM
I just saw on AMG that Parsons is due to release a new album this month. Has anyone read (or heard) any advance buzz on this one? Has anyone here heard anything from, or ever buy <i>Time Machine</i>? I don't think I have ever heard anything past <i>On Air</i>. I have a hard time with an Eric Wolfson-less APP.

richmon
08-13-2004, 03:23 PM
I purchased the Time Machine when it first came out, so I've had it about 2 years or so.
It's got moments, 4-5 songs are very good and the rest fuggetaboutit.. I find I don't pull it out very much, prefering the classic stuff like I Robot which is a Desert Island one for me. TTM doesn't stray too far from the Parsons house sound. A musician friend of mine calls him Alan Piston for that rythmic pounding driving beat he's so fond of (listen to any album for it and you'll see what he means).
I'll be listening before I buy any new Alan. He's gotta have some fresh ideas to compel me to purchase, YMMV.
He does pay attention to the sonic quality side of things, bonus points for that.
Will happily toast up anyone a CDR - drop me a PM.

BarryL
08-13-2004, 03:28 PM
I just saw on AMG that Parsons is due to release a new album this month. Has anyone read (or heard) any advance buzz on this one? Has anyone here heard anything from, or ever buy <i>Time Machine</i>? I don't think I have ever heard anything past <i>On Air</i>. I have a hard time with an Eric Wolfson-less APP.

I thought Try Anything Once was a strong effort. Good song writing and playing with your typical clean AP production.