Got to see that Peter Gabriel concert video on TV last night [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Got to see that Peter Gabriel concert video on TV last night

newtrix1
08-13-2004, 08:04 AM
The one with the giant "hamster ball". I think it's called "All Grown Up" tour or something like that (should be called "I'm getting old" tour IMO) ;) The high def channel INHD usually shows one or two concerts each month. This month it was Peter Gabriel (and later in the month The Who "Isle of Wight"). I remember Troy reviewing this show (you saw this in person right?). Lots of high tech stage theatrics on a circular rotating stage. At one point Gabriel and one of the female back-up singers were suspended upside down from a track an sang an entire song that way. During another song Gabriel got into this giant human-sized "hamster ball" and rolled around the stage. All in all it was quite a show reminiscent of a Pink Floyd event. I'm guessing this is available on DVD, definitely worth checking out if you're a fan.
http://www.petergabriel.com/moonclub/gallery/gallery10/07.jpg

Hyfi
08-13-2004, 12:14 PM
I saw it a few months ago in HDTV on a 52" Plasma screen in a friends new home theater. Effects were good but Tull said, Too Old To Rock & Roll.................

newtrix1
08-13-2004, 01:27 PM
but Tull said, Too Old To Rock & Roll.................

OK maybe he is :p
http://www.petergabriel.com/moonclub/gallery/gallery3/03.jpg

Troy
08-13-2004, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I was there. Great show, killer band.

I gotta say though, I liked the "Secret World" tour better. It seemed less glitzy "Las Vegas" than this one. SW was darker and more arty.

I'd rent the DVD if I saw it.

-Time Lapse-

I just put it in the Netflix queue.

Thanks for the heads up.

Dave_G
08-13-2004, 05:50 PM
I love PG and Genesis and all.

I must state that you owe it to yourself to go and seek out a Musical Box concert.

That show will take care of all your needs.

Dave

Mr MidFi
08-16-2004, 10:48 AM
I played the "Growing Up" DVD for a buddy of mine the other day, as a demo of video music in general. He has dozens of movie titles, but has insisted all along that concert DVDs were of no interest to him.

The excellent production values of this disc (audio and video) won him over to my point of view. I'm not wild about the song selection myself, but I sure do like the DTS mix!

I give it a thumbs up!

Dave_G
08-16-2004, 11:36 AM
The Roger Waters dvd "In The Flesh" is also hot.

Dave

progfan
08-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Dave G said: "I must state that you owe it to yourself to go and seek out a Musical Box concert."

Yes indeed. For me, they were the highlight of this year's Nearfest. I found their performance incredibly moving.

Troy
08-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Well, send 'em out this way! I'd go in a heartbeat.

Dave_G
08-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Ya Troy, you'd frikkin love the TMB show bigger than Dallas.

http://www.studiomlive.com/nearfest2004/MusicalBox/index.htm

Dave

3-LockBox
08-16-2004, 06:51 PM
Did he do the song 'Little Bitty Tear (let me down)'

Oh wait, that's Burl Ives

tee hee