Please help--A.V.R. for large speakers???? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Please help--A.V.R. for large speakers????

r.bowen
08-13-2004, 07:22 AM
:confused: I have Paradigm Studio 100's that are too large to move to my bedroom where all my seperates will be going. Problem is that I do not need a sub with these speakers and they are going to remain as mains in my home theater. I need an a/v receiver capable of driving them regularly full range. I am all too aware of brands that do not measure up to their listed power specifications. I have done some research and found a select few that MIGHT be useful.NAD, Rotel,and Arcam.I have also heard Yamaha's rx v1 is pretty solid.Sunfire and B&K is a little too far out of budget or I would list these as considerations also. Have found good deals on the other four brands listed, but I'm not sure if I'm on the right track. PLEASE, can anyone help????

topspeed
08-13-2004, 08:02 AM
Your studio's are pretty efficient so you shouldn't have too much trouble driving them. Everyone here has their own preferences, mine being Denon because I prefer their Burr-Brown DAC's and how they sound in Pure Direct mode. Of those you listed, I'd probably lean more towards the Arcam and Rotel. Yammie is very reliable and you have to respect any company that builds everything in-house, including the boards and processing. In the age of outsourcing, that's pretty impressive. A very valuable feature that I'd look for is auto-calibration, a feature Yammie, Denon, and Pioneer Elite's have on their mid-level+ receivers.

Hope this helps.