woodman, have a second? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : woodman, have a second?

pwh03
08-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Whats the difference between the mitsubishi ws313 and ws315 models?

I've been looking around and I think I am leaning rather hard toward the 65 ws-313 however that is an older model and the 315 is replacing it. Is there any reason to pay the extra 300-400 dollars for the new model?

Also Bestbuy seems to have the best prices for these particular tvs in my area, is it that bad to go through them? Even seaching around the internet I can only find a few prices that are better then there ws 65313 price of $1999 and most of those are refurbished, and I'm not going to buy online anyways. Should I try to find a place to price match? Is best buy really that bad with things like this. I've never had a problem with them before but I also haven't bought anything very big from them either.

thanks
Ph

woodman
08-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Whats the difference between the mitsubishi ws313 and ws315 models?
I have no idea what the difference(s) are between those two models ... sorry. I've been retired from active participation in the industry for 4 years now, and trying to keep abreast of all of the new models from all of the mfgs. as they come out is more than I have the time or inclination to do.

I've been looking around and I think I am leaning rather hard toward the 65 ws-313 however that is an older model and the 315 is replacing it. Is there any reason to pay the extra 300-400 dollars for the new model?

Go ahead and lean ... I'd bet the very last quid in my pocket that there's nothing about the replacement model that would be "worth" any 300-400 dollars to anyone.

Also Bestbuy seems to have the best prices for these particular tvs in my area, is it that bad to go through them? Even seaching around the internet I can only find a few prices that are better then there ws 65313 price of $1999 and most of those are refurbished, and I'm not going to buy online anyways. Should I try to find a place to price match? Is best buy really that bad with things like this. I've never had a problem with them before but I also haven't bought anything very big from them either.

BestBuy would not be my first choice of a dealer to buy from ... how about Sears? They do "pricematch" - although they might not be able to do so against BestBuy, since as far as I know BestBuy has models from Mitsu with model numbers that are unique to BestBuy - thereby eliminating the whole "pricematch" scenario altogether. If Sears cannot pricematch the BB deal, perhaps they can make a similar deal on another Mitsu model. Check it out.

If you do end up buying the set from BestBuy, I'd highly recommend that you include an extended warranty on it. If trouble should develop after the mfg. warranty expires, an extended warr. is your only protection. Ignore those who advise that such a warranty is a total waste of money ... they simply don't know whatinthehell they're talking about. I had more than 50 years of experience servicing these beasts, and I do know whatinthehell I'm talking about.

thanks Ph

You're welcome -

pwh03
08-12-2004, 12:44 PM
thanks I'll see if they would be willing to price match or make a similar offer.

I pretty much figured you would say the new model probably isn't worth it, but I was just checking.

just curious what pushes you away from BB so much just horror stories about poor cosutmer satisfaction? I assume the problem lies in getting things repairs and getting refunds? is this correct?

ph

woodman
08-12-2004, 01:08 PM
just curious what pushes you away from BB so much just horror stories about poor cosutmer satisfaction? I assume the problem lies in getting things repairs and getting refunds? is this correct?

ph

Yes ... I've heard numerous horror stories about BestBuy - but they seem to vary from one store to another. Correctamente - they usually involve getting repairs made and refunds made, etc. But - and this is important - the problem magnifies for those poor fools who've listened to well-intentioned but totally wrong "advice" that told them to avoid buying an extended warranty because it's just a huge waste of your money.