Speaker Placement [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Placement

Mingus
08-12-2004, 09:21 AM
I have a small home theater in the bedroon. I have Polk RT25i all around. The center speaker and sub is also from Polk. The question what is the ideal height postion for the front speakers. I know some say that it be close to ear level, but for my setup it is about 5 ft high. This is due to the type of furniture I already have in the room. Will the position of the front speakers be detrimental to the sound.

TinHere
08-12-2004, 09:32 AM
I have a small home theater in the bedroon. I have Polk RT25i all around. The center speaker and sub is also from Polk. The question what is the ideal height postion for the front speakers. I know some say that it be close to ear level, but for my setup it is about 5 ft high. This is due to the type of furniture I already have in the room. Will the position of the front speakers be detrimental to the sound.

It won't be "ideal" at that height but you can tilt them to the listening position.

pwh03
08-12-2004, 10:36 AM
get a bigger chair...

unless you sit down real low I don;t think it would be that big of a deal, but do try to get it as close as possible

ph