42" to 50" HDTV recommendations w/o burn in [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 42" to 50" HDTV recommendations w/o burn in

musicguy04
08-10-2004, 09:08 PM
I'm starting to look for TVs, but I don't need one just yet, so I'm keeping my options open early. Size is definitely HDTV 42" to 50" widescreen. I want something with DVI and HDMI input. I want something that can display at least 720p. I would like to be able to display computer graphics on it, but that's not required.

Any ideas what are some good models? I don't want a plasma or LCD, since I've read about burn in, plus they're kinda pricey.

Would prefer the $2000 or less price range, but will consider waiting and saving if something really good will come out in a little bit.

kpzbee
08-11-2004, 04:20 AM
You'll need a DLP or LCD RPTV to do what you want from what I've read on here. Both have a much nicer/brighter picture from what I see. I'm thinking of going DLP myself, in 50"-60" range. I still want to see a LCoS unit but they're just coming out. I'm not sure how they compare just yet. If you can, wait until October or later. There is supposed to be a big price drop about then.

musicguy04
08-11-2004, 08:09 AM
Thanks.. I wouldn't be buying until January at the earliest.

I was thinking about the Samsung 46" DLP HDTV. Is that supposed to be any good?

kpzbee
08-11-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure about Samsung. This list from Woodman seems pretty accurate to me because of my expireances. I've had 2 Toshiba's & have never had a problem with either.
1. Toshiba
2. Hitachi
3. Mitsubishi

Most likely I'll buy another Toshiba. I feel they have the best picture.