Bose AM 10 III vs Nakamichi SS 8.5 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bose AM 10 III vs Nakamichi SS 8.5

motiram
08-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Friendz!!! I never had a home theatre before. I was looking for choices under 1000$. One to buy Nakamichi Soundspace 8.5, which I heard is good. Other choice is to buy Bose Acoustimass 10 III and add a Onkyo receiver. Can anyone suggest me which is the best choice. I really need all your sincere suggestions on this. Help me out.

HokieVT
08-10-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm not hearing a lot of great things about the Bose. They seemed to show up in the Used bin for sale quite a bit. I'd be tempted to go with a refurbed Denon or Onkyo. I heard the Athena Micra 6 and really liked them although I have always be partial to Polk. I have the Fluance SX-HTB and I can't say anything because I have not heard them on an AV receiver yet. They are merely OK on a stereo receiver.

motiram
08-11-2004, 06:33 AM
Can anyone tell me how Nakamichi SoundSpace 8.5 works? I was wondering if its any better than bose acoustimass 10 III. Guyz respondddddddddddddddddd

N. Abstentia
08-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Just about anything is better than a Bose Acousitmass system, you can't do much worse than that.

jrflanne
08-11-2004, 11:15 AM
As a former owner of an AM10 system, I cannot stress how underwhelming these speakers are. But some people love them, mostly for the size factor, I guess. The funny thing was that they sounded OK at first but I really got tired of them over time. All I know is that there are a whole bunch of solutions out there that will cost you less.