Anybody else getting lots of errors today? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else getting lots of errors today?

Davey
08-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Are we heading toward a total collapse? Seems like everytime I stop here today I get a load of gibberish and it takes a few tries to get the real stuff. Almost didn't get my last post up. Probably just a temporary glitch. Most likely will clear up right after I post this :)

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /data/data01/web/html/files/includes/functions.php on line 1206

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /data/data01/web/html/files/includes/functions.php on line 1206

Parse error: parse error in /data/data01/web/html/files/includes/functions.php on line 1206

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_browser() in /data/data01/web/html/files/global.php on line 85

tentoze
08-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Are we heading toward a total collapse? Seems like everytime I stop here today I get a load of gibberish and it takes a few tries to get the real stuff. Almost didn't get my last post up. Probably just a temporary glitch. Most likely will clear up right after I post this :)

Parse error: parse error in /data/data01/web/html/files/includes/functions.php on line 1206

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_browser() in /data/data01/web/html/files/global.php on line 85
No problems here- must be operator error...............

;)

Davey
08-10-2004, 01:25 PM
....must be operator error...............

;)
Heehee, ya mean there's an operator here?!?! http://forums.audioreview.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

Somebody left the lid off the bucket of frogs and I just stepped on one....

BillB
08-10-2004, 03:21 PM
I did at work but now I'm not.

Bill

chrisnz
08-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Hi, just to totally hijack your thread... I've been consuming your booklist at a great rate and just finished Vernor Vinge - A Deepness In The Sky. That book "rooled dude" :-)

So far not a dud amongst em but Deepness...

NP Rjd2 - Since We Last Spoke.

PS just got a cable modem so speed problems are merely the preserve of the earthbound now BWAHAHAHA

Chris.

Dusty Chalk
08-10-2004, 09:49 PM
I haven't been on all day, so you can't blame me (and you can try and blame my absence, but will probably get laughed at, with lots of pointing...by me...or perhaps just a sarcastic, 'yeah, right').

Davey
08-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Hi, just to totally hijack your thread... I've been consuming your booklist at a great rate and just finished Vernor Vinge - A Deepness In The Sky. That book "rooled dude" :-)

So far not a dud amongst em but Deepness...
Hey, thanks for the feedback! That is a pretty cool book with lots and lots of strong and believable imagery. Love those spiders :)

A Deepness In The Sky is kind of the prequel to his previous Fire Upon The Deep, but I liked it much more. Both very good, though. His ex-wife Joan Vinge is a very prolific and successful writer, but much more on the fantasy side. I've probably only read her popular The Snow Queen novel which is very well regarded but not my favorite type of sci-fi.

I'm gonna have to go back and find and copy that list since I don't remember what all I put on it now. Glad to hear you're finding some good reads from it. Got "Happy and Bleeding" from the first PJ Harvey album playing right now and sounds great even on a RCA boombox. What a great recording of a surprisingly good rock band. What an accomplished debut. What a great album http://forums.audioreview.com/images/icons/icon3.gif

ToddB
08-12-2004, 12:08 AM

I'll ask Eric to look into this.