Cable/wiring management solution? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cable/wiring management solution?

douglasbjordan
08-10-2004, 12:19 PM
I just got a new set of speakers and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for clamps or other products I can use to relatively discreetly affix the speaker cables to the edges of the ceilings in my living room. I'm using masking tape as a temporary solution, but it's not the most beautiful thing to look at. :-)

It shouldn't be too hard to find something locally or online that'll serve this need, but I came here first to see if there are any particular products that stand out above the rest or that some of you have been particularly pleased with or whatnot. Thanks in advance for any help!

Hairsonfire
08-12-2004, 08:50 AM
You need to spend about $4,000.00 on cables. Then, you don't mind seeing them! Just kidding . . . (sort of). I installed some speakers on brackets in my kitchen and then ran the wires down the corners of the room to the floorboards. Covered them with tape, and then painted them to match the wall. Looks great. Of course, these are tiny little boombox quality speakers and cable, so, it was not difficult to camouflage them. It helps if you drive a small nail into one point near the speaker, and then another to stretch the cable straight and tight before you tape it. Straight lines are not as noticeable as a crooked one. Have fun!