Someone Must Have Heard the New FKs by Now. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Someone Must Have Heard the New FKs by Now.

BarryL
08-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Come on Proggies. Someone must have heard something about his one by now.

Only four more weeks until the new Tears for Fears.

progfan
08-09-2004, 02:04 PM
I haven't heard it myself as I'm not a huge FK fan. But there's a thread going on at ProgressiveEars. http://www.progressiveears.com

It seems to be getting mixed reviews.

Dave_G
08-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Barry,

get a grip dood.

This ain't no prog website.

You need to go to progressive ears.

I go there at least 10 times a day.

Oh, and I have not bought the new TFK disc yet but I did get the new Fish and it sucks.

Dave

BarryL
08-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Barry,
This ain't no prog website.

Gotta teach these folks a lesson. Don't give up, Dave. They need a daily dose of prog on this dying board. There may be life left here yet. We could make it our own with some ongoing effort.

New Fish smells, huh. Is there nothing redeeming on it. I thought Raingods had its moments. It was certaily well recorded. I liked the sound, even if the Rain Gods With Zippos theme was pathetic.

BarryL
08-09-2004, 07:10 PM
I haven't heard it myself as I'm not a huge FK fan. But there's a thread going on at ProgressiveEars. http://www.progressiveears.com

It seems to be getting mixed reviews.

Man, you can't complain about the quality of this site if anyone thinks that that site is any better! I also think the quality there is inferior with short opinions of I like it or I don't like it. I read about 20 posts and nobody actually did a review. I'm not convinced by any of those posts that someone has actually listened to the CD. But thanks for the link. I've bookmarked it. I'll check it out ocassionally and see if my opinion changes.

At least it looks like a good source of prog information. A lot more prog news than is available here.

Dave_G
08-10-2004, 04:38 AM
There has been lots of discussion about the new TFK over there.

And ya we proggers here are the minimalist posters, but hey that's cool too, I like this place and will post here until I decide I don't like music anymore.

And ya that Fish does smell. Very weak and monotonous. Stay away, very far away.

As far as the new TFK goes, you know it's going to be more of the same. Hell, almost all of Roines albums/bands sound the same for the most part. But I like their stuff so I'll get it eventually. I still like the Flower King a lot and Rainmaker. I think Rainmaker kicks butt.

It seems as though new music gets crummier and crummier every day for the most part, huh. Pop, rap, hip-hop et al are taking over. We old prog geezers are some of the last hangers-on.

Dave

progfan
08-10-2004, 05:01 AM
I guess I'll be the lone dissenter here on the new Fish CD. I think "Field of Crows" is the man's best album since his first two, "Vigil" and "Internal Exile". FOC is NOT a prog album, by any stretch. It doesn't sound anything like Marillion. But I love the guy's lyrics and I really enjoy the musical arrangements on FOC.

Troy
08-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Progressive Ears is a good message board. Yeah, lots of crap, but there are a LOT of people posting there with a LOT of knowledge about the music. I like the site's international flavor and pack of irreverent idiots. The place is alive.

Like the Geezer, I aint leaving. I'll still come here repeatedly, every day (if I'm around) and participate in threads that I can participate it. But when there's only 2 threads a day started here and there's 50 started there . . .

I get the impression that the new FKs album is less jazzy than the last few. I't only a single disc too, which is good news. I'll pick it up when I see it.

Fish sucks. I've tried most of his albumns over the years and they just get worse and worse. It's unimaginative and boring AOR crap.

Dave_G
08-10-2004, 07:40 AM
Ya I love all the old school Fish albums but this new one is a stinker.

It is not prog like progfan mentioned, it has weird sound quality, Fish's voice has a different tone and sound, and I just don't dig it.

But hey that's just me, I have seen several posts on the internet where many people like it.

I need to find someone to buy this one from me. I paid $17.99 for the sucker.

Dave