wireless transmission to speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : wireless transmission to speakers

helminski
08-07-2004, 07:06 AM
Looking for any good wireless transmission system that I can use with speakers I have

ToddB
08-08-2004, 09:59 PM
You posted your question in the forum for feedback about AR. I'm moving it to the speaker forum where you'll be more likely to get an answer.

sy_lu
08-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Unless you only interest in background music or do not need real time play back (i.e. not use for surround spakers in HT), the wireless system is not that useful for real time play back. The basic technology are the cordless phone type of technology it can be analog or digital and based on 900MHz, 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz. The other type uses wireless network type as 802.11b or 802.11g. Regardless the types, they are subject to interference. The cordless phone type are noisy and has drop outs. The network type if used as real time base, is also subject to drop outs. One way for the network type to avoid droup out is to have buffers but that means delays. If you are after qaulity, the actual wire is still the way to go.

helminski
08-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Unless you only interest in background music or do not need real time play back (i.e. not use for surround spakers in HT), the wireless system is not that useful for real time play back. The basic technology are the cordless phone type of technology it can be analog or digital and based on 900MHz, 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz. The other type uses wireless network type as 802.11b or 802.11g. Regardless the types, they are subject to interference. The cordless phone type are noisy and has drop outs. The network type if used as real time base, is also subject to drop outs. One way for the network type to avoid droup out is to have buffers but that means delays. If you are after qaulity, the actual wire is still the way to go.
What about the new Bluetooth system?

sy_lu
08-09-2004, 11:19 AM
What about the new Bluetooth system?

Same problem. Bluetooth is not that far from digital cordless phone technology. It is meant for low cost low data rate applications such as remote control or cordless ear piece. It is not suitable for Hi-Fi audio applicaiton. Regardless, for any thing that require real time, you are still facing the interference and data drop problem.

Dusty Chalk
08-14-2004, 08:56 AM
O'Heocha (http://hiddenwires.co.uk/resourcesnews2004/news20040308-01.html) is working on a high bandwidth wireless system with battery based amplification. They have links to the military, so have access to technology above and beyond what is currently available. Also, if you don't want their speakers, the wireless and amplification parts can be obtained separately.