Advice on DefTech & Anthem combo [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Advice on DefTech & Anthem combo

dduran
08-06-2004, 03:27 PM
I am a new member and looking for advice on a new HT system. I have listened to B&W's , Martin Logans, and Paradigms. They all sound great, but when I heard the Def Tech 7001, I felt the difference. I have also listen to the Rotels, B&K setups, and the Anthem AVM 20 with PVA 5. They all sound good, but wanted to get feedback on the combination. Any experiene with the DefTech's? How do they stand up to the other brands?

Thanks

chimera128
08-06-2004, 05:13 PM
I own the BP7000SCs and I also liked them better than B&Ws, Martin Logans, etc. This is a personal choice though and it sounds as if you have researched them well against other brands. In terms of quality, I have only had small issues with the trees on one of their subs that the grill snaps onto. It was taken care of quickly and easily. The Denon receiver that I own avr-3803 goes very well with them (even though I plan on replacing it eventually with separates) and is capable of driving the speakers to volumes louder than is comfortable. The only thing I can recommend is to not pay retail on the speakers. I got $1100 off of my BP7000SCs, which comes to about the retail of the BP7001SCs. You should be able to get the 7001s for about $700 or so off. Other than that, I can only say that no other speakers (yet) have impressed me as much as DefTechs.