Anyone use THX Cables I'm happy with them [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use THX Cables I'm happy with them

hershon
08-04-2004, 09:31 PM
Just want to know if anyone uses Monster THX cables as opposed to Monster Ultra THX cables. I use the THX cables tried to upgrade for my subwoofer and DVD picture and TV sound to Ultra THX but thought THX was much better than Ultra THX. Anyone use this brand? As far as I'm concerned Monster Ultra THX produces terrible sound.

uncooked
08-04-2004, 10:52 PM
well i use really expensive monster cables on my main system, and the cheapest ones for my room. there is no difference at all between them "besides looks" my room doesnt sound quite as good but thats becuase the gear is only half as good as the other system. i dont think i would uprgrade, if the cables are in good shape and look half decent they would work great.

Tony_Montana
08-05-2004, 02:36 PM
As far as I'm concerned Monster Ultra THX produces terrible sound.

I looked at Monster web site to see what is the difference between Monster Ultra THX and Monster THX, and the only difference seem to be that Ultra have extra layer of shielding. So I don't see any reason for them to sound different :)

Beckman
08-05-2004, 03:52 PM
I use a sub cable made for car audio(car stereo to sub amplfier). It was the only thing long enough that I could find. Works great.

hershon
08-05-2004, 08:31 PM
What I did as noted in a post a week ago, was buy Monster Ultra Cables from Fry's (huge LA electronics place about the size of 4 football fields) as they allow you to return any item your not satisfied with, within 30 days and get a full refund, and then attach each cable one at a time without changing the CD or anything else and playing different tracks of my test CD back to back within 5 minutes of each other, did this also for the TV audio (attached to receiver) same channel, just changed the audio cables every 5 minutes. The results were the Monster Ultra subwoofer cable changed the bass's sound to a booming, in your face bass sound which I can't stand. There clearly was a noticeable difference in the bass sound produced by Ultra over THX, but as I said, not for the better and I returned the Ultra Cable. This difference was not psycholgical or wishful thinking but a total apparent difference for the worse. In regards to the Ultra Cables (actually Monster Interlock 400 Mk2) the sound coming from them was less richer and more muffled. I returned these cables as well.

I looked at Monster web site to see what is the difference between Monster Ultra THX and Monster THX, and the only difference seem to be that Ultra have extra layer of shielding. So I don't see any reason for them to sound different :)