multi-channel [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : multi-channel

Stereobug
08-04-2004, 07:36 PM
hello ppl...........I just bought a multi-channel DVD player(5.1) and I was wondering if, when I connect this to my reciever, do I use regular audio cables or do I have to use digital coaxial cables to get the right sound? Thank you for your feedback.

mtrycraft
08-04-2004, 07:40 PM
hello ppl...........I just bought a multi-channel DVD player(5.1) and I was wondering if, when I connect this to my reciever, do I use regular audio cables or do I have to use digital coaxial cables to get the right sound? Thank you for your feedback.

Use the digital out from the player. It may be optical or the RCA coax cable which is the same as a video cable.

Stereobug
08-05-2004, 02:30 PM
I want to connect the 5.1 multi-channel on my DVD player to my reciever. My DVD player is DVD Audio and SACD. Do the multi-channel connections (6 cables) have to be digital or can they be regular audio?

mtrycraft
08-05-2004, 10:11 PM
I want to connect the 5.1 multi-channel on my DVD player to my reciever. My DVD player is DVD Audio and SACD. Do the multi-channel connections (6 cables) have to be digital or can they be regular audio?

For DVD-Audio/SACD, it is an analog audio cable, a regular RCA cable but a digital will work just as well, especially if the cost is the same. You don't need anything fancy or expensive.