Acoustic Research S108PS [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Research S108PS

yguelce
08-04-2004, 01:46 PM
I purchased an Acoustic Research S108PS Subwoofer about three year back and the circuit on the board recently blew out. It was a great piece of equipment while it lasted. I believe it’s still under the manufacture warranty, but unfortunately they’re no longer around. I tried contacting Thompson Corp. who brought them out couple years back and they had me send in to their repair center in the process it had gotten lost for two week, and eventually it landed back at my office with a note stating, “I didn’t send enough proof” I never bothered sending back in. I’m in the process of finding a place to send it again; because it was a great piece. Beside I don’t want to purchase another one.

The question for you guys/gals out there, is it worth getting it fix or should toast it and purchase a new one? And if so, what would you recommend?

Thanks,

Audioman00
08-04-2004, 10:08 PM
I personally think it is worth the time and money to send in, AR makes outstanding woofers, but i do question their amplifiers. If it is a simple repair, send it in.