Help Me Decide What To Do Friday Night... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Decide What To Do Friday Night...

nobody
08-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Do I go see the Sin City Injectors, a rockabilly band from Millwakee at a bar five minutes from my place with no cover and really cheap drafts, or do I drive across town 20 minutes to go see Texas Terri and pay a $10 cover and pay 4 bucks a beer? Oh yeah, Cheetah Chrome from the Dead Boys is with Texas Terri...maybe that should top the balance?

Any and all input is appreciated. Just trying to get some sort of posting going on here today.

ForeverAutumn
08-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Do I go see the Sin City Injectors, a rockabilly band from Millwakee at a bar five minutes from my place with no cover and really cheap drafts, or do I drive across town 20 minutes to go see Texas Terri and pay a $10 cover and pay 4 bucks a beer? Oh yeah, Cheetah Chrome from the Dead Boys is with Texas Terri...maybe that should top the balance?

Any and all input is appreciated. Just trying to get some sort of posting going on here today.

Well....I've never heard of any of those bands. But if you go to the place only 5 minutes away, you can walk and then you can drink more and not worry about drinking and driving.

nobody
08-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Now there's some good thinking.

Yup, my problem is between being cheap and easy, or a show I'd rather see, but have to drive and pay more.

MindGoneHaywire
08-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Ah, play it by ear. Sounds like you can't go wrong no matter what you do. I'd probably want to see Cheetah based on what he's done, not necessarily what he's doing now. He's an underrated guitar player, though. Years ago I had a roommate who was acquainted with him & he crashed at our place a couple of times. Had a good time hanging out with him, actually, talking music & doing a bit of playing too. He can play the thing. Based on the shape he was in at the time, it's a little surprising he's still alive.

If you're hanging with a group of people the rockabilly thing sounds like a better option. If it's just you & say yr wife it might be worth traveling crosstown. Sounds like a dilemma, though.

nobody
08-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Went with the Texas Terri gig since I ran into a couple other people who were going.

<a>Damn fine show. She's a great front women and the band was absolutely top notch. Cheetah Chrome was the highlight of the night on guitar. They closed with Sonic Reducer and he sounded better thean ever.

For the encore, they came out with an amazing version of Now I Wanna Be Your Dog. Terri was in good form, but the band is what made this one really special. Actually, a better version than when I saw Iggy do it on a solo tour in the 80s. Besides Cheetah, Ricky Ratt was on guitar and tearing it up as well. I can't rmemeber who the bass player and drummer were, but they were actually very good as well.

If anyone likes rough and rowdy rock and roll and gets a chance to check out this show, I hearitly recommend it.