Straight Wire? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Straight Wire?

kdogg
08-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Any comments on Straight Wire? How does it compare to Cobalt, Kimber, and Better Cables? A local dealer uses all Straight Wire and I was skeptical at first because of the build quality and packaging, does anyone else agree?

Thanks

trollgirl
08-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Is this Straight Wire cheaper for the same gauge? If so, go for it, as I figure most of what you mention is overpriced from the get-go. They very name seems to imply a lack of hype, but I could be wrong.

Laz

mtrycraft
08-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Any comments on Straight Wire? How does it compare to Cobalt, Kimber, and Better Cables? A local dealer uses all Straight Wire and I was skeptical at first because of the build quality and packaging, does anyone else agree?

Thanks

The name printed on the jacket or the price is not an indication of anything unless you place your cables on display :)

Audio is full of hype, bs, voodoo, no different from other consumer marketplace. The cable part of audio is the worst of this.

Beckman
08-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Audio is full of hype, bs, voodoo, no different from other consumer marketplace. The cable part of audio is the worst of this.

I agree. You are better off spending money on CD's, beer, your girlfriend, the hungry, the homeless, your mom, dental floss, etc. There is no proof that high end speaker cables offer any audio improvement over 12 AWG lamp cord for .30/ft.