Where to buy external tweeters a la B&W, Swan etc.? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy external tweeters a la B&W, Swan etc.?

dmb_fan
08-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Hi all,

Skeptic has got me going on his 901 modifications, and I'm thinking about doing something similar. I looked on partsexpress.com for external tweeters similar to those found on B&W and Swan speakers, but I couldn't find any. Does anyone know of a place to buy high-quality external tweeters?

Thanks!
Adam

This Guy
08-02-2004, 08:03 PM
I guess you missed one. http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=297-409&DID=7 Hi Vi makes all the drivers put in swan speakers so they probably use this tweeter in one of their models.

-Joey

dmb_fan
08-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks, Joey. I thought I had looked through every page of dome tweeters, but there it is right in front of me. It certainly looks identical to the Swan tweeter. If I ever ever have the time and gumption to try Skeptic's hair-brained 901 modifications, I now know where to get the tweeters.

Thanks again,
Adam

Ambient fish
01-17-2005, 09:23 AM
DMB FAN, visit Townshend Audio's web site at www.townshendaudio.com and read all about their audiophile add on super tweeters, they do everything that Townshend claim.

muziekfreak
01-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Look @ elac...the have the 4pi tweeters external 360degrees...400wrms per tweeter till 45khz. Expensive yes,but so magnificient the whole high region gets cleared up.

zonik
01-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Hi all,

Skeptic has got me going on his 901 modifications, and I'm thinking about doing something similar. I looked on partsexpress.com for external tweeters similar to those found on B&W and Swan speakers, but I couldn't find any. Does anyone know of a place to buy high-quality external tweeters?

Thanks!
Adam

Check madisound.com for a good selection of tweeters. Vifa are good value.