Who makes DVD/CD players that'll play CDR's? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who makes DVD/CD players that'll play CDR's?

grampi
08-01-2004, 08:08 AM
I'm looking for a DVD/CD player that will play CDR's, CDRW's, burned DVD's, etc., as well as the usual pre-recorder discs, with true component connections (Y, Pb, Pr). Also, who sells them and has the best prices? Thanks.

pwh03
08-01-2004, 11:27 AM
most everyone will make dvd players that do the things your looking for. Look through crutchfield they have a decent selection and good descriptions, plus they answer a lot of questions that you migh thave in their help sections. After that search fo r the best price and pricegrabber.com or at froogle (its a part of google) that should get you one of the best prices out there

good luck
Ph

N. Abstentia
08-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Any modern DVD player will do all of that. Prices start at around $59 (for a good brand name) at any electronics store.

hershon
08-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Uh everyone. If you have to ask that question , you shouldn't be on this forum!

I'm looking for a DVD/CD player that will play CDR's, CDRW's, burned DVD's, etc., as well as the usual pre-recorder discs, with true component connections (Y, Pb, Pr). Also, who sells them and has the best prices? Thanks.

grampi
08-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Uh everyone. If you have to ask that question , you shouldn't be on this forum!

Oh really? I currently have a Panasonic (which is a name brand) DVD/CD player that I bought new just 2 years ago that will not play burned media of any type and it does not have component connections. I don't think DVD/CD players that play burned discs are as common as some of may think.

N. Abstentia
08-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Oh really? I currently have a Panasonic (which is a name brand) DVD/CD player that I bought new just 2 years ago that will not play burned media of any type and it does not have component connections. I don't think DVD/CD players that play burned discs are as common as some of may think.

I said any MODERN player. Two years is antiqated for a low end DVD player.

This Guy
08-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Are you serious? These forums are for any questions about audio, whether you think they are stupid or not. Sure I could say you shouldn't be on these forums when you say stay away from home theatre in box systems, yet you praise the home theatre in a box system you have. I'm not gonna say you shouldn't be on these forums, cause it's your right to post anything audio related on these forums as long as you're not a troll. Grow up.

grampi
08-02-2004, 02:21 AM
I'm sorry, my bad. The DVD/CD player I need is the same as I described above except it needs to have DVI connections for HDTV.