S-Video vs Component Video [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : S-Video vs Component Video

Ace H
07-31-2004, 08:37 AM
Is there really a difference in picture quality between S-Video and Component Video on an analog TV?

lumiere
07-31-2004, 01:46 PM
Is there really a difference in picture quality between S-Video and Component Video on an analog TV?

Component has been for a long time the conexion employed professionally for analog video. Ask any video editor. S-Video separates the information in luma and croma only. Component gives you three color streams.
Cheers

pwh03
07-31-2004, 02:22 PM
hehe so basiaclly yes

especially when you get into bigger tv;s. not sure how much it would matter on say a normal 24 inch tv or something but I bet once you get close to 30 it would be more apparent

good luck

Ph

Smokey
07-31-2004, 06:25 PM
S-Video separates the information in luma and croma only. Component gives you three color streams.

Since you brought up the chroma and luma subject :D, then it might be more technically correct to state that component have two color streams cable (TV will extract the third color from these two signal), and one chroma cable (black&white information)-this cable is green colore coded :)

lumiere
08-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Since you brought up the chroma and luma subject :D, then it might be more technically correct to state that component have two color streams cable (TV will extract the third color from these two signal), and one chroma cable (black&white information)-this cable is green colore coded :)

I stand corrected :D. I seems that it wasn't a good idea to try to simplify. My bad.
Cheers.