new to audio world---PLEASE HELP [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : new to audio world---PLEASE HELP

paullevinson
07-30-2004, 01:48 PM
Hello.
First time posting to this forum.
I have a question..
I am in the market to buy a home theater surround system. I currently don’t have anything at all, and I am as far knowing anything about audio gadgets as you are to the moon.
I would like to buy something that is not too expensive (pref. below $300) is that even possible? Should I just stop looking now?
I wanted to see if anyone can explain to me in simple English pluses and minuses of any audio system out there, like what I should look for and what I should stay away from…
Also I found this system at a local electronics store, sales people obviously are trying to sell this to me so they were gushing over it, but I just wanted to get a second non-biased opinion on this:
It’s a Kenwood 5.1 Standard Home Theater System. Model number HTB-307
Can someone tell me anything about this, is it any good .
Thank you very much!!

Smokey
07-30-2004, 06:05 PM
I would like to buy something that is not too expensive (pref. below $300). Is that even possible?

It sure is.

Here is Panasonic SC-HT05 which sell for $250 at Bestbuy, and got excellent review from CNET. All you have to do is add a DVD player.

Here is the full review:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_SC_HT05/4505-6740_7-30898391-2.html?tag=glance

cam
07-30-2004, 06:28 PM
It sure is.

Here is Panasonic SC-HT05 which sell for $250 at Bestbuy, and got excellent review from CNET. All you have to do is add a DVD player.

Here is the full review:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_SC_HT05/4505-6740_7-30898391-2.html?tag=glance
Smokey, you changed your picture, I can hardly recognize you.

Smokey
07-30-2004, 07:01 PM
Smokey, you changed your picture, I can hardly recognize you.

Hi cam

Since Nick4433 have let lose his posse on me couple of months ago, I been trying to stay low profile :D

cam
07-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Hi cam

Since Nick4433 have let lose his posse on me couple of months ago, I been trying to stay low profile :D
You have a moving picture, try again. If you were low profile before, guess what, you are high profile now. VERY HIGH! From what I have read on this forum, you can run but believe me, you can never, never hide.