yamaha rxv2400 thumbs up or thumbs down? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : yamaha rxv2400 thumbs up or thumbs down?

marky
07-28-2004, 08:49 PM
i own the rxv 2400 and i think its a very good receiver. however, it seems that some people think that the receiver sounds too thin and the power rating is not that high when all 7 channels are driven. i personally like all the functions on this receiver and think the power is good enough for a medium size room. i want to know what are your feelings about this receiver? which brand would u buy?

JSE
07-29-2004, 06:47 AM
i own the rxv 2400 and i think its a very good receiver. however, it seems that some people think that the receiver sounds too thin and the power rating is not that high when all 7 channels are driven. i personally like all the functions on this receiver and think the power is good enough for a medium size room. i want to know what are your feelings about this receiver? which brand would u buy?

I don't have the 2400 but do have the 1400 which is basically the same receiver less a couple of features and I think 10 watts.

I think alot of people might confuse "Thin" sounding with "detailed". I have also heard the Yamahas described as bright. I think the same confusion comes into play here as well. I have heard brightness in speakers and the Yamaha is not a bright sounding receiver.

I hear differences in sound from different receivers but I am not sure how much of this is just in my head and how much of it is reality.

JSE

sy_lu
07-29-2004, 09:53 AM
the power rating is not that high when all 7 channels are driven. i personally like all the functions on this receiver and think the power is good enough for a medium size room. i want to know what are your feelings about this receiver? which brand would u buy?

Most if not all of the music or movie sources do not have all channels out at full power at all time. At most for very short burst for full power on all ch. Most of the time it is the front ch. pluse center (for movie or SACD/DVD-A) require most of the power. I would not worry about it.