Bonamassa again [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bonamassa again

Mr Peabody
07-28-2004, 06:41 PM
I was really impressed with Joe Bonamassa's Blues Deluxe album. So much I bought So It's Like That. So It's Like That is a different sound than Blues Deluxe, it's more rock orientated and many of the songs could be radio friendly if given the chance. Actually it's a crime nothing off this album has hit the airwaves. There's a Hendrix sounding song on here, I think it's called Pain and Sorrow, that's fabulous. As you can tell I liked this album as well but if you threw the cd away, the bonus DVD is worth the price. Joe and his band rock out on this DVD. If the DVD don't make you a fan, nothing will. If you have teens, you can drop the DVD in and show them what a guitar is really for.

N. Abstentia
07-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Bonamassa appears to be the man. I had hope for Kenny Wayne Shepard and Johnny Lang, but I saw Bonamassa and I think he's actually the real deal unlike those other guys. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves, the kid spews talent from every orafice!

Chip_B
07-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Bonamassa appears to be the man. I had hope for Kenny Wayne Shepard and Johnny Lang, but I saw Bonamassa and I think he's actually the real deal unlike those other guys. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves, the kid spews talent from every orafice!
I saw Joe open for Indigenous at the Norva in Norfolk, VA a couple of years ago and he was brilliant. The thing I've noticed in his most recent release (Blues Deluxe) is the way his vocals have matured. His interpretation of the title cut rivals Rod Stewart's on 'Truth' (Jeff Beck).

I like all Bonamassa's CDs, but I'm happy to see him do a straight Blues album again after taking a shot at a mainstream audience on 'So It's Like That'. Even though I like 'SILT', it isn't as consistently outstanding as his more straightforward Blues-Rockers.

ForeverAutumn
07-29-2004, 05:35 PM
I replied to your PM. Did you see it? I'm waiting for a reply to my reply. :)

Chip_B
07-30-2004, 10:42 AM
I replied to your PM. Did you see it? I'm waiting for a reply to my reply. :)
Sorry FA! I responded to the PM...let me know if you got it (and thanks for helping me out!).

-Chip

ForeverAutumn
07-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Sorry FA! I responded to the PM...let me know if you got it (and thanks for helping me out!).

-Chip

Okey doke. I'll keep you posted. :)

Finch Platte
07-31-2004, 06:50 AM
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/music/rock/messages/40186.html (you have to read the followup posts)

fp

Chip_B
07-31-2004, 02:16 PM
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/music/rock/messages/40186.html (you have to read the followup posts)

fp
I've got that Bloodlines CD and like the posters at audio asylum alluded to, the vocals suck. Bonamassa was far and away the only thing worth listening to on that recording. Ironically, he was also the only full-fledged band member who wasn't related to a famous musician.

-Chip

TheThrill
08-13-2004, 06:13 AM
Smokin' Joe is going to be performing in my general neck of the woods (Akron, Ohio) in October. I'd love to see him based on the material that "Bluesman Extraordinaire" Chip sent me. The problem is that I'll be waist-deep in a football game that day so things look bleak...

Mr Peabody
08-14-2004, 10:14 AM
I came here looking to "Shoot the Thrill" - AC/DC
but the "Thrill Is Gone". - BB King
They say he went to "Thrill My Gorilla" - Alice Cooper

skewiff
08-17-2004, 04:56 AM
Had to Cry Today. New Joe Bonamassa CD will be released August 24.

Tony

Mr Peabody
08-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the info. Any word on what direction this album will be going? Is Joe getting any radio play in your area? He's not here. It's a shame.