I never thought I'd say this, but... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I never thought I'd say this, but...

Finch Platte
07-28-2004, 02:26 PM
...thank you, Rolling Stone. I read this review, and picked up the disc today at Tower ($11.99).

It sounds a bit like Cheap Trick to me, and yet, if they had mentioned CT, I probably wouldn't have gotten it- I'm not that big of a fan. But this thing rocks. And it's not those tiresome Cookie Monster vocals, either. It's just good, fun rock and roll. FA, you'd like it, I think.

Hmmm, RS has it categorized as Stoner Rock. Really? Cripes.

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album?id=5286770&pageid=rs.Artistcage&pageregion=triple1

fp

ForeverAutumn
07-28-2004, 02:43 PM
See? This is where that thread title game from the old site woulda been fun!

I never thought I'd say this but....
Those lace panties sure feel good!

That new Beyonce album is killer!

I'm gonna turn in my bike for a gas guzzling SUV!

:D

I think that they either recently played here or are soon playing here. I've never heard of them, musically, but I remember seeing the name in our local free entertainment rag. There used to be a Rolling Stones cover band 'round these parts called The Blushing Brides. When I saw Burning Brides, I was momentarily confused. That's how I remember seeing it.

Thanks for the tip EP.

DariusNYC
07-28-2004, 03:16 PM
I saw these guys open for Trail of Dead and Queens of the Stone Age, and they ROCKED. In a nice, old fashioned, slightly disreputable kind of way. Fun stuff.

Dusty Chalk
07-28-2004, 03:30 PM
...the chick plays bass. Why does the chick always play bass?

Goes to look it up on AMG.

Gets fed up with AMG, googles.

Yup, right, again. Looks like it's their sophomore album, as well (sophomore means it's their second album).

Probably labelled as Stoner Rock because anything that is even remotely associated with that incestuous bundle of people that do QotSA/Kyuss/Desert Sessions/Eagles of Death Rock/etc. are considered Stoner Rock. I guess that would make PJ Harvey Stoner Rock.

mad rhetorik
07-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Probably labelled as Stoner Rock because anything that is even remotely associated with that incestuous bundle of people that do QotSA/Kyuss/Desert Sessions/Eagles of Death Rock/etc. are considered Stoner Rock. I guess that would make PJ Harvey Stoner Rock.

Yep. As usual, Rolling Stone doesn't have a clue. As for the band itself, I will have to give them a listen one of these days.