searching [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : searching

pwh03
07-27-2004, 11:29 AM
I've been a member here for a while but I don't post all that much and sometimes I'll go for long stints without reading new threads. When I come back and have a question or to I usually try to serach for an answer in a past threat as some questions are often quite repetative. However, the 4 letter limit causes a lot of problems when searchingterms like

sub
cd
dvd
some brand names; hsu svs
and I'm sure there are plenty more. If there was a way to change this I think people could get a lot of their answers faster and without having to post and then have someone right the same thing they wrote earlier.

any chance of this being fixed

(if there was a way to allow some 3 and letter words that would be perfect)

ToddB
08-08-2004, 10:13 PM
I agree with your complaint. I've seen other sites that use this BBS software which also have the four letter limit, so I assume it's a default that's intended to not tax the servers as much when doing searches. But I'll check and see if anything can be done about lowering it here.

laspino
08-28-2004, 04:13 PM
I agree with your complaint. I've seen other sites that use this BBS software which also have the four letter limit, so I assume it's a default that's intended to not tax the servers as much when doing searches. But I'll check and see if anything can be done about lowering it here.

Good move. Thanks.