is klipsch refrence series good for HT??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : is klipsch refrence series good for HT???

rb902
07-27-2004, 06:22 AM
hi all. anyone heard the kipsch refrence 35 series for home theater. will be actually using it for 70% ht and 30% stereo. speakers sound good but not to many people using it for HT with the complete refrence set up. thanks 4 help

Bryan
07-27-2004, 07:39 AM
If you enjoy that horn sound and can listen to it for 2 - 3 hours at a moderate to high volume level, then it could very well be the answer for you. If not, start looking elsewhere.

Mark
07-27-2004, 09:44 AM
I have the RF-3, the predecessor of the RF-35. Use them predominantly for music, but have enjoyed them for theater as well. As Bryan said, it depends on your taste. Quality is certainly good, and I like the sound, but that might not work for you.

I would not hesitate to use the RF-35 in a theatre setup with the matching center....Less experience on the surround speakers, and in my room would be more inclined to use bookshelf speakers as surrounds. Klipsch works for me, but you should listen to other speakers as well.

mark

grovenstein
07-28-2004, 05:36 PM
The Klipsch horns are like scotch. It is an acquired taste. If you already have them and like them, they will do fine in your home theater.

They are entirely too efficient for me.