A career change for Kim Mitchell [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A career change for Kim Mitchell

ForeverAutumn
07-26-2004, 05:16 AM
KIM MITCHELL SIGNS ON FOR A ROCK 'N ROLL
TOUR OF DUTY WITH CLASSIC ROCK Q107 !

(July 26th 2004) It was hats and horns all around this morning when Q107's John Derringer, morning host at Toronto's legendary classic rock radio station announced that Kim Mitchell would be the stations new afternoon drive radio host beginning Monday August 9th.

Mitchell was on hand this morning for the big announcement and was clearly excited about the possibilities.

"In over 25 years of playing I've developed a very strong bond with Toronto rock fans", said the legendary rocker. "They're the best in the world and now I'll get to communicate with them 5 days a week through The Mighty Q."

Starting Monday August 9th, Kim Mitchell will broadcast "live" weekday afternoons between 2:00 and 7:00 pm from the Q107 studios at the Hard Rock Café, Yonge and Dundas. The station will celebrate Mitchell's arrival with a special edition of their monthly " Breakfast With Derringer" live broadcast from Club 279 on Friday August 27th. Listeners will be invited to win tickets to attend this exclusive event.

"Radio needs to do things that make people talk," said Q107 Program Director, Dave Farough. "Giving a Canadian Rock Icon like Kim Mitchell his own show on Q107 will make people talk...and definitely listen! Is it a risky move? Maybe, but if it doesn't work, Kim promises that I can drive his tour bus if I need a new job."

Kim Mitchell began his career as a member of beloved Canadian rockers Max Webster, with whom he notched up 6 Gold and Platinum records between 1976 and 1980. Going solo in the early 80's, Mitchell's success only grew. Songs like Patio Lanterns, Go For A Soda, and Rock and Roll Duty have become rock radio staples, while his solo albums continued his Gold and Platinum ways.

Along with his recorded successes, Mitchell's summertime concerts have become a Canadian tradition. In fact, Kim Mitchell is the ONLY recipient of the Platinum Ticket award, established by Kingswood Music Theatre for his ability to have surpassed the 100,000 mark in tickets sold. Kim Mitchell is truly a Canadian icon, and will fit nicely at Canada's most celebrated rock station.

"I'm looking forward to bringing my experience as a musician, artist and entertainer to the microphone at Q107," says Q107's new afternoon drive guy. "You tell me...can you think of a more perfect match? I am rocked and ready, lets go!!"

Kim Mitchell will be heard weekday afternoons from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm beginning Monday August 09th on Classic Rock Q107.

Dave_G
07-26-2004, 06:53 AM
Wow.

That's something else.

Dave