TV movement and speaker sound not matched [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : TV movement and speaker sound not matched

jebales
07-25-2004, 03:24 PM
I am experiencing a problem that I can't figure out. The lips are moving on the TV but the sound coming from my home theater system is a little behind the movement. Anyone have any answers for me?

This Guy
07-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Is this happening when watching TV (cable, satelite, whatever)? Cause sometimes some channels screw up their audio. Try changing the channel if it persists. Otherwise I have no answers for ya.

Mikereyno
07-26-2004, 07:04 AM
What kind of set up do you have? With mine I have signials coming in through the cablebox/HT reciever and through my VCR. If I accidently flipto the picture coming through VCR it willbeslightly off. Through cablebox/HT receiver it is fine.

jebales
07-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Is this happening when watching TV (cable, satelite, whatever)? Cause sometimes some channels screw up their audio. Try changing the channel if it persists. Otherwise I have no answers for ya.

This was happening with a DVD. It was very weird. First DVD I have experienced this with.

Woochifer
07-26-2004, 01:31 PM
A lot of DVD players have audio sync problems. Check with your DVD player's manufacturer to see if they have a firmware update available if this occurs on several DVDs.

Some newer DVD players and receivers now include audio delay features that allow you to better sync the video and audio.