my DVD player doesnt play DVDs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : my DVD player doesnt play DVDs

aimen
07-25-2004, 11:11 AM
hi
i m back for some needed help

my DVD player doesnt play pirated DVDs all the time
i mean some time its say no disc, then i try again it may say bad disk, then next time it may say check disk, then maybe error, then it may play

i mean if i try the some DVD again again n again, its plays it some times n sometime not.
if i play original DVDs it plays them all the time
so its not the problem with lens i guess

is there any thing i can do
i have noticed pioneer players plays most pirated DVDs
sony the least

i use LG or SONY which are about 2yrs old
does new players have the same problem
does they also dont play pirated DVDs???

thx

N. Abstentia
07-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Well, you could do one of two things I guess:

1) Quit pirating DVD's.
2) Buy a new DVD player.

That's pretty much your options.

eqm
07-25-2004, 11:56 AM
Well, you could do one of two things I guess:

1) Quit pirating DVD's.
2) Buy a new DVD player.

That's pretty much your options.

you forgot:

3) pick up "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing" on cd-rom ;)

hershon
07-25-2004, 01:15 PM
I recently got a DVD on Ebay by a popular 60's group The Walker Brothers ("The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" fame). The DVD was put out by their fanclub. It sounded quite impressive 32 tracks but one thing looked wrong from the start, no scene index. Anyway, the first track played great but then boom, it got stuck on the same position on the second track 10 times in a row till I gave up (I tried fast forwarding but it wouldn't let me do that either). I put it on on my other DVD player and I got an encrypted type picture. Finally I put it in my computer and somehow it played OK. I emailed the guy who sold it to me- he distributes a bunch of music related DVD's and while he couldn't understand what I was saying, he sent me another sealed DVD and said he tested his own copy prior to sending it out. Anyway, the exact same thing happened. I brought the DVD to my sister's place, she has two extremely cheap $39 bottom of the line DVD players and low and behold it played fine on both her piece of crap players. Apparently, and I do not understand the logic of this, a badly recorded/processed DVD (bootleg) will play better on a bottom of the line terrible system and not play at all on a good one. So if you don't have a cheap bottom of the line DVD player and playing those type of DVD's is important to you, I'd recommend that you get one! Also try your computer DVD drive it might work. Lastly if your having trouble playing burned DVD's it might be that: 1. Your DVD player doesn't support DVD+R or DVD-R, 2. You didn't burn it correctly or in the DVD format.

hi
i m back for some needed help my DVD player doesnt play pirated DVDs all the time
i mean some time its say no disc, then i try again it may say bad disk, then next time it may say check disk, then maybe error, then it may play

i mean if i try the some DVD again again n again, its plays it some times n sometime not.
if i play original DVDs it plays them all the time
so its not the problem with lens i guess

is there any thing i can do
i have noticed pioneer players plays most pirated DVDs
sony the least

i use LG or SONY which are about 2yrs old
does new players have the same problem
does they also dont play pirated DVDs???

thx

eisforelectronic
07-25-2004, 01:29 PM
It is true that of the larger "better quality" brands, Pioneer tends to play a wider quality range of DVDs, ie. pirated movies. Although this has changed a bit now, Apex was known for a while to play almost any cd or dvd format.