Any New Generation Dahlquist Owners Out There? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any New Generation Dahlquist Owners Out There?

slate1
07-23-2004, 09:35 AM
I've been auditioning bookshelf speakers for the last two months and purchased some of the new generation Dahlquist QX-6A's this week to try out. I must say that they've been, by far, the best sounding in my setup of anything else I've tried. I'm matching these up with a Cambridge Audio Azur 640A integrated amplifier for mostly analog playback on a SOTA Moonbeam / Goldring G-1042 turntable setup through CI-Audio VPP-1 phono pre-amp.

The most recent pairs I auditioned prior to settling on the Dahlquists were the Polk Audio RTi6's and the Pinnacle P6.2's. I didn't care for the Pinnacle's at all and the Polk's came across as very bright to my ears.

There's painfully little on the 'net concerning the newer Dahlquists and I was just curious as to if there were any other fans of these speakers?

Geoffcin
07-23-2004, 01:22 PM
I've been auditioning bookshelf speakers for the last two months and purchased some of the new generation Dahlquist QX-6A's this week to try out. I must say that they've been, by far, the best sounding in my setup of anything else I've tried. I'm matching these up with a Cambridge Audio Azur 640A integrated amplifier for mostly analog playback on a SOTA Moonbeam / Goldring G-1042 turntable setup through CI-Audio VPP-1 phono pre-amp.

The most recent pairs I auditioned prior to settling on the Dahlquists were the Polk Audio RTi6's and the Pinnacle P6.2's. I didn't care for the Pinnacle's at all and the Polk's came across as very bright to my ears.

There's painfully little on the 'net concerning the newer Dahlquists and I was just curious as to if there were any other fans of these speakers?

Dahlquist speakers. A friend still has a pair of DQ-10's in his second setup. Driven by a 100 watt class A Krell amp they are quite startling (with the right source). I've also heard the DQ-20's driven with a BIG Classe amp, and they really had the disappearing act down.

I'm sorry but I know nothing about the new ones, except that they cannot be the brainchild of John Dahlquist, as he died a few years back. Actually, his career was cut short many years earlier by a horrible car accident that left him paralyzed, and brain damaged. It was quite a loss to the speaker design world, as he had a magic touch when it came to speaker design.

PAT.P
10-14-2004, 10:40 AM
:) :)

Im a fan of dahlquist new generation speaker ! I run QX9 for front / QX -25RA SPECIAL EFFECTS for my rear ( these are the best one compare to other famous brand ) QX 100 SA SUBWOOFER (RIGHT SIDE) (paradigm PS1000 for my left side) DONT REGRET THESE DAHLQUIST AND IM GOING TO ADD MORE WHEN I UPGRADE MY RECEIVER! I also have energy and axiom speaker ALL CANADIAN !!!!!! PAT.P

PAT.P
11-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Im glad were alone out there with new generation Dahlquist ! Maybe price will remain down until I had a few more (Dahlquist told me their updating their website to get more attention ,probably in December)These speaker rock in any kind of music and movies !The lows are also incredible ,my Qx9 are in the range of 28hz to 20khz.My special effects are the best surround on wall speaker I've audition ,they are theQX-25RA ,55hz to 20khz.These speaker are unbeleivable and would recommend to music lovers.I listen to alot of different kind of music (classical ,country ,rock, heavy metal ,ect ect ).Listening to dvd audio really impress our guess its better yhan going to concert .Pat.P :)

PAT.P
11-09-2004, 10:00 PM
This is their website www.dahlquistcorporation.com Pat.P

DavidA
11-17-2004, 02:19 AM
I have a pair of QX-10 that are powered by a NAD 270/AR 2MKII combo. While not overly pleased with the forward upper range (the metal tweeter sounds harsh with aggressive SS equipment), the mids and bass response are excellent!

Originally I bi-amped them using Cambridge Audio equipment. There seems to be synergy here.

I agree with the other posters, above, that the new Dahlquists are excellent. They are also built well. A while back my old dog banged into the speakers, knocking them over and damaging the exterior cabinet and one of the grilles. The drivers and the crossovers suffered no damage, no loss of quality/response.

Since my accident I noticed that dahlquist has improved the speaker stand on their larger units. The four stand posts have been replaced by a wider stand, that seems to provide greater stability.

Oh yeah, their customer support is also tops!

PAT.P
11-22-2004, 11:31 AM
You could listen to Dahlquist speaker in Ottawa Ont Canada at Audioshop 685 Bank St their website is www.audioshop.on.ca Marc Hallam and is staff are great to deal with.They also sell Energy speaker and Totem speaker.have a sale on for Energy factory secound.Pat.P

zimmythegreek
10-08-2007, 08:54 AM
The new Dahlquist is not the same company as the Dahlquist that made the DQ10,12,20,30. They went out of buisness years ago and some one else bought the name. The stuff being make now is not as good imho. There is a company called Regnar that is made of former Dalhquist employee's and they do service the original Dahlquist's.

Audio:

Belles Gala Sound Amp (200 wpc)
Pioneer PD65 CD Player
Pioneer PDR 04 CD Recorder
Sansui TU-666 Tuner
Micro Seiki DDX-1000 Turntable w/Profile arm and Koetsu Black Goldline MC Cartridge
Dahlquist DQ12's upgraded to DQ 20 spec's