Viva LosLonelyBoys? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Viva LosLonelyBoys?

Mr Peabody
07-19-2004, 07:21 PM
The opening guitar of Heaven got me interested in this album and it's budget priced at $10.00 so I picked it up. I have only heard it once all the way through so far. My first impression is that I like this album very much. Henry Garza has some very tasty guitar work here.

When you listen see if you agree that the album has a kind of East Coast cool to it. The album has a mix of different tempos including a near 9 minute jam, that I happen to love. Of course, you will hear some Latin influences. I didn't get bored while listening to this album through to the end. I always hate to try to classify or describe a bands sound because peoples impressions differ. I'd say if you like the feel of the single Heaven, give the album a try, I don't think you will be disappointed either.

Hyfi
07-20-2004, 06:36 AM
I have been posting about this group since they came on the scene. The disk is awesome to say the least. I have yet to see them live but your cd should be an interactive disk with a video of a live performance where the bassist will blow you away. The long track you mentioned will remind anyone of Santana if they don't know whats on. I have seen some of thier music videos including Heaven. They have been on numerous shows recently and the tune Heaven was even featured in the show Joan of Arcadia where it fit just perfectly. I also cought a Comcast special where in between interviews, they do the whole album unplugged...acoustic.

I'm glad some of you are finally getting this band.

Worf101
07-20-2004, 08:03 AM
My guitar player had the album and loved it so... I decided to give them a try. I also bought the Los Lobos anthology. I opened for those guys once about 17 years ago.

Da Worfster