Look what I 'bought' today! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Look what I 'bought' today!

Finch Platte
07-19-2004, 12:40 PM
I took a bunch of CDs in to trade today- got $63 worth of credit, and got this- Vol 1 of SCTV DVDs. As it sez on the box, +/- 13 hours of schtuff. 5 DVDs with plenty of bonus features. Plus, there was $$ left over to buy a music disc and still have credit left. Ahh, used CD stores are the best.

Woohoo!

Any other SCTV fans out there?

Hey, Dave, Troy? I'll bet my Canucks are better than yours (Rush).

fp (now going off the air and plunking himself down in front of the telly.)

Troy
07-19-2004, 12:52 PM
I used to sit up til 2AM on saturday nights in the late 70s to watch 'em.

Who woulda thought that of all the SCTV alums, Eugene Levy would be the one with the biggest and longest career?

richmon
07-19-2004, 01:29 PM
John Candy could make me laugh with a simple facial expression, the half decent looking chick, Madeline somebody? also cracked me up. Always loved the show intro where they threw tv's out of apartment windows.

Speaking of 70's TV, You west coasters remember Fridays, which was the West coast's answer to Saturday Night live? It had Michael Richards (aka Kramer), doing characters like Ken the monster, or the three stooges trying to make a bong out of a flush toilet. Classic stuff.

ForeverAutumn
07-19-2004, 02:24 PM
I took a bunch of CDs in to trade today- got $63 worth of credit, and got this- Vol 1 of SCTV DVDs. As it sez on the box, +/- 13 hours of schtuff. 5 DVDs with plenty of bonus features. Plus, there was $$ left over to buy a music disc and still have credit left. Ahh, used CD stores are the best.

Woohoo!

Any other SCTV fans out there?

Hey, Dave, Troy? I'll bet my Canucks are better than yours (Rush).

fp (now going off the air and plunking himself down in front of the telly.)

I bet those DVDs would blow up real good!

We don't need no stinkin' DVDs in Canada, eh. 'Cause we still get to watch SCTV in reruns. So take off, eh. You're not so smart, eh.

:p

paper warrior
07-19-2004, 03:58 PM
There favorite song is Stairway to Heaven. What is the deal! Sounds better in Lutonean.

Ex Lion Tamer
07-20-2004, 05:15 AM
I used to sit up til 2AM on saturday nights in the late 70s to watch 'em.

In the late '70s? I don't think they had even made U.S. network T.V. by then. What a great show that was.

Worf101
07-20-2004, 08:06 AM
"The man that would be Pope and King". Hilarious stuff. My Fave was a fake musical they did called "Indira" based on Evita starring Slim Whitman in the male lead.... I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself.

Da Worfster

Ex Lion Tamer
07-20-2004, 08:15 AM
I loved the episode when The CBC took over for SCTV, due to a strike....hilarious, especially for Canadians.
-Or the early morning "learn how to draw" show, starring Salvador Dali.
-Or the spoof of the Andy Griffith show, but with Merv Griffin (Rick Moranis...brilliant), subbing for Andy Griffith.
- Or battle of the PBS stars
...I could go on for hours.