MP3 player and personal organizer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : MP3 player and personal organizer

hmmmm
07-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Hey all!
I own a business and wanted to get a PDA that I can download and copy music to and also get a little more organized. I'm totally new at the MP3 thing and don't have a clue what I'm talking about. I basically would like something that I can put in "to do" lists and a calender but I don't think I need much software because I have a pc everywhere I go. I would also like something that can connect easily to my home audio system and cost $500.00 or less and still sound great. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

lynn2c
07-20-2004, 07:28 AM
I can't help ya on the PDA thing, I really have no need for one of those. As far as connecting mp3's to your audio system, I recently hooked up a "squeezebox" http://www.slimdevices.com and it has fit the bill really well so far. You can access all your music on your home network through free software called slimserver. I've also been able to access net radio stations with it. They have both wired and wireless versions available. One cool feature is that if you open port 9000 on the system that is has your mp3's, you can access your mp3's from anywhere that has a net connection.

No, I don't work for slimdevices, I just like their product