Pro Studio Monitors? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pro Studio Monitors?

ROJ
07-19-2004, 12:02 AM
Hi,

Has anyone used pro audio studio monitors in a home theater system? I am looking for surround speakers and I read positive comments about Dynaudio Acoustics BM5 studio monitors. They are made for near field listening in professional studios. I am curious if they would work as surround speakers. I am looking for surround speakers to go with my Dynaudio Audience front speakers and center channel in the $450 and under price range.

Thanks for your help.

-ROJ

mtrycraft
07-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi,

Has anyone used pro audio studio monitors in a home theater system? I am looking for surround speakers and I read positive comments about Dynaudio Acoustics BM5 studio monitors. They are made for near field listening in professional studios. I am curious if they would work as surround speakers. I am looking for surround speakers to go with my Dynaudio Audience front speakers and center channel in the $450 and under price range.

Thanks for your help.

-ROJ

You should look for speakers designed for the rears, not front, near filed ones. Bad idea.

ROJ
07-21-2004, 11:36 AM
You should look for speakers designed for the rears, not front, near filed ones. Bad idea.

Thanks for the feedback.

-ROJ