Yamaha RX-V1400 or Denon 3803 Receiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha RX-V1400 or Denon 3803 Receiver

saul
07-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Any preference on which one of these 2 receivers are the best bang for buck and overall performance? Thanks for your help!

pate
07-16-2004, 07:29 PM
I hope that help you alot.They both are build like a brick sh.. house.Later tiger!

cam
07-16-2004, 07:35 PM
I hope that help you alot.They both are build like a brick sh.. house.Later tiger!
and you jump in with a reply like that. You must be a very slow typer.

woodman
07-16-2004, 09:37 PM
Any preference on which one of these 2 receivers are the best bang for buck and overall performance? Thanks for your help!

This is a genuine, bonafide no-brainer, Saul. No contest. The Yamaha has the most important and the most useful and the most beneficial feature to appear in a receiver in the last 50 years! The Denon doesn't have it (although its replacement - the 3805 does, but it costs several hundred dollars more than the Yamaha 1400). The feature that I'm talking about is the YPAO ... Yamaha Parametric Acoustic Optimizer. It analyzes the response of each speaker in the system using a microphone placed in the listening position - and then provides parametric EQ as well as level adjust, delay, etc. to the signal fed to each one to optimize the soundfield in a given room. It performs this magic in just a few minutes and it's all automatic ... nothing for the user to do but to enjoy the result.

Additionally, Yamaha is the acknowledged leader in reliability and customer support in the industry. As I said in the beginning, this is a no-brainer ... get the Yamaha - you won't be sorry.

pate
07-18-2004, 01:37 PM
They have me down having 35 years since I joined,well you should know that computers didn't happen than.I only reply like this, to give Saul a hard way to go,because he is my Son.I didn't expect someone like you out of the wood work to be so concern what I write,or how I write it!

JDiddy
07-18-2004, 02:40 PM
I have the Yamaha RXV-1400 and I love it! The sound is so natural and it has alot of power.There are so many features that I am still learning and I've had for a couple months. The denon is comparable even though it doesn't have the YPAO feature but it is quite a bit more expensive. If you are anything like me, wanting the best sound for the cheapest amount of money, go for the Yamaha. I know you won't be disapointed. Just don't buy from Audioexcellence.com, they are the worst online company ever!